Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GRAMMYS (nf)

shankbear

Default GRAMMYS (nf)

Stuff if Dixie chunks.

Panther One

Chunks are racking up the country awards...that's the grammys for you, though.

Default Re: GRAMMYS (nf)

Originally posted by shankbear
    Stuff if Dixie chunks.
    they just won Record of the Year - (I think that's what it was, I was half a$$ listening) GGGRRRRRR that's OK, it's a free country, and I am free to mute the sound anytime one of their songs is being played......... ....

good, the music cut them off short

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-American BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END's Avatar

How many of you honestly hate the Dixie Chicks because you don't like their music? The next question then is how many of you hate them because of what they said about Bush?
    Official F.A.N.T.O.M. Liaison to Big XII Football, In Charge of Heavy Lifting

I Can Crush You Mentally and Physically

All-American

Never did care for their music...That they're awful Americans just adds to not caring one bit about anything they do. If I had my way I'd revoke their citizenship and send these cowards to live in the middle of the Sahara for the rest of their lives.

figure this
    its the entertainment industry giving itself awards

no credibility

give em all the awards
    LIKE IT MEANS ANYTHING
    i dont support or buy or give them anything

the real awards should go to the people making it possible
    for the stupid _____________ to sing and get awards from their
    stupid _________ liberal, __________, peers.

OUR MEN AND WOMEN IN THE MILITARY
    I will forever salute them

and not watch or use the advertisers of such crap

Im sure roming is just another step away here

oh well

its a free country till ya defend it then everyone gets mad

it used to be the other way around

shankbear

No big surprise. The Biggie Fix.

The Academy is an unmitigated joke. There were dozens of other bands, acts and albums better than this crappola.

Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
    How many of you honestly hate the Dixie Chicks because you don't like their music? The next question then is how many of you hate them because of what they said about Bush?

I don't really care one way or another about WHAT they said. I don't endorse that way of thinking, but I support their right to express thaeir views openly.

However, it was the WAY it was done that rubs me the wrong way. They play hundreds of shows in the US, yet they (she) waits until they're on foreign soil to take a swipe at the Pres? Verrrry brave! If Nat really wanted to make a statement she should've said that during a concert in Dallas, Houston, or S.A.

Oh...wait. They would've booed her off the stage if she'd done that. My bad.

And for the record, I own several Chicks CDs and can honestly say that Wide Open Spaces or Fly was more deserving of Album of the Year than this one. And the song that won Song of the Year isn't even the best one on this CD. But then again, once you factor in the political ramifications, you knew, what with it being the Grammys and all, that they were going to clean up. I'm sure no one saw that coming!
    Last edited by Maroon87; 02-12-2007 at 09:31 AM.
    CALALLEN WILDCATS

TRADITION NEVER GRADUATES

All-American BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END's Avatar

Originally posted by Maroon87
    I don't really care one way or another about WHAT they said. I don't endorse that way of thinking, but I support their right to express thaeir views openly.

However, it was the WAY it was done that rubs me the wrong way. They play hundreds of shows in the US, yet they (she) waits until they're on foreign soil to take a swipe at the Pres? Verrrry brave! If Nat really wanted to make a statement she should've said that during a concert in Dallas, Houston, or S.A.

Oh...wait. They would've booed her off the stage if she'd done that. My bad.
    I just think that people are ready to send a celebrity to the guillotine as soon as they don't promote the popular opinion, and that is the only reason that their music was subject to a boycott. At least I can understand where you're coming from, but your way of thinking isn't the same as about 90 percent of the public, at least.
    Official F.A.N.T.O.M. Liaison to Big XII Football, In Charge of Heavy Lifting

I Can Crush You Mentally and Physically

All-State

Default Re: Re: GRAMMYS (nf)

Originally posted by 44INAROW
    they just won Record of the Year - (I think that's what it was, I was half a$$ listening) GGGRRRRRR that's OK, it's a free country, and I am free to mute the sound anytime one of their songs is being played......... ....

good, the music cut them off short
    Whats wrong with the Dixie Chicks?

I have & still do like their music. I could care less what they say or what they stand or don't stand for. You start giving people that much power and you've got your own problems.

JasperDog94

Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
    I just think that people are ready to send a celebrity to the guillotine as soon as they don't promote the popular opinion, and that is the only reason that their music was subject to a boycott. At least I can understand where you're coming from, but your way of thinking isn't the same as about 90 percent of the public, at least.
    Did you know that 63.1% of statistics are made up? (90% is a bit high IMO)

i thought it was hilarious that at their last concert at the AAC in Texas about 2000 people showed up. Their last concert before that sold out the AAC, but that was before all this happened with them!

BuffyMars

I don't like country. Period.

Originally posted by BuffyMars
    I don't like country. Period.

back at ya!