Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alert!!!

pirate44

Exclamation Alert!!!

if you guys use an online tax software, beware. i just did my taxes online and got a refund of $2,071. i decided to try another website and entering the exact information, it showed a $2,214 refund. that is crazy. im tempted to try a few more to see if i can get any MORE money!!

im not sure what to think of all this. anyone else have this experience?

*** Ejected Player ***

What sites did you use???

Default Re: Alert!!!

Originally posted by pirate44
    if you guys use an online tax software, beware. i just did my taxes online and got a refund of $2,071. i decided to try another website and entering the exact information, it showed a $2,214 refund. that is crazy. im tempted to try a few more to see if i can get any MORE money!!

im not sure what to think of all this. anyone else have this experience?

That is not just because of you using online..You can get two diff tax preparers to do it and it will be different figures.
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-American

I don't have many 44 but I wish you could get the ones that come to me to stop coming. I have TOO MUCH COMPASSION!!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by Phil C
    I don't have many 44 but I wish you could get the ones that come to me to stop coming. I have TOO MUCH COMPASSION!!

is your compassion for the gov't or for the individual??? (read...who are you "taking care of" in the matter? )

All-American

Originally posted by Adidas410s
    is your compassion for the gov't or for the individual??? (read...who are you "taking care of" in the matter? )
    The individual.

I don't mind answering questions if I can but I don't like preparing tax returns. Even my own.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

pirate44

ttt

I used taxengine.com, it seemed to work just fine. It'll optimize things for you.

So which site was the one that gave you the lower refund?

pirate44

What sites did you use???
    sorry Adidas, i didnt see your post. i used taxact and HR Block taxcut

Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
    So which site was the one that gave you the lower refund?
    taxact was lower. taxcut gave me a bigger refund.

i never did try it again on another site since i was pretty busy at work. i was happy with the second try.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

taxcut gave me a bigger refund.

i never did try it again on another site since i was pretty busy at work. i was happy with the second try.
    I've used taxcut for a number of years, so I'm glad it was the better "deal" for you. I've always felt confident with the accuracy.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

pirate44

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    I've used taxcut for a number of years, so I'm glad it was the better "deal" for you. I've always felt confident with the accuracy.
    im a turbotax guy myself, i just tried something different this time. i may use taxcut from now on though. but next year i will probably itemize, so ill do some research as to the better one.

*** Ejected Player ***

im a turbotax guy myself, i just tried something different this time. i may use taxcut from now on though. but next year i will probably itemize, so ill do some research as to the better one.
    have you compared taxcut to turbotax? I'm still waiting on a 1098 form to come in the mail but I have the # estimated pretty close in my turbotax return. Maybe I'll try taxcut and see if I get much of a difference.

I'm still waiting on a 1098 form to come in the mail but I have the # estimated pretty close in my turbotax return.
    Have you checked the company's website? I haven't received my wife's 1098 in the mail, but it was available via their website.

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
    Have you checked the company's website? I haven't received my wife's 1098 in the mail, but it was available via their website.
    It wasn't available last week...but then again they said they weren't mailing out forms until Monday. Let me check again...