Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: buffy....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default buffy....

to answer ur question no im not 18....im 16...but a very intelligent and informed 16 at that....

to whoever said they will not listen to me b/c im not 18....there is a high likely hood that i know more about politics than u do and that is just messed up and stupid to say that.....i dont know how old u are and frankly i dont care....i will listen to ur opinion and anybody else's.

oh and bbde.....i really dont care if i would "get shut up quick"

b/c i can say the same thing from behind a computer.

u prolly think the same thing about conservatives that i think about liberals and that is ur opinion and i respect that.

*** Ejected Player ***
    North of the Rio Grande and South of the Red River

Default Re: buffy....

Originally posted by necks_c/09
    ..there is a high likely hood that i know more about politics than u do and that is just messed up and stupid to say that..
    Your're right, it is messed up for you to think that. Get out in the real world instead of reading books and then you'll understand politics alot more than you think you do.

Default Re: Re: buffy....

Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
    Your're right, it is messed up for you to think that. Get out in the real world instead of reading books and then you'll understand politics alot more than you think you do.
    look...u dont know how much(or for that matter how little)anybody knows...

quit makin assumptions is all im sayin...

i just think its messed up thats all.....dont get ur panties in a wad

Just asking..but is it not an assumption to say most likely you know more than someone?
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
    Just asking..but is it not an assumption to say most likely you know more than someone?
    yes it is.....but i just threw that in there b/c he put it like i knew nothing......i didnt mean it literally.....

just trying to prove my point thats all

and hansum stranger y do u even care what i say?

this thread was not directed at u in anyway.....it was charlesrixey who posted that anyway

BuffyMars

and hansum stranger y do u even care what i say?

this thread was not directed at u in anyway.....it was charlesrixey who posted that anyway
    Then why did you title it my name??

to answer ur question no im not 18....im 16...but a very intelligent and informed 16 at that....

to whoever said they will not listen to me b/c im not 18....there is a high likely hood that i know more about politics than u do and that is just messed up and stupid to say that.....i dont know how old u are and frankly i dont care....i will listen to ur opinion and anybody else's.

u prolly think the same thing about conservatives that i think about liberals and that is ur opinion and i respect that.
    I thought I knew a lot and was intelligent and well informed but the older I get I learn that I'm never as smart as I think and "informed" really just depends what you're listening to. If you watch Fox News you're informed on what conservatives for the most part think but you might be informed of different things if you watched CNN. Always remember what Einstein said "Education is the progressive realization of our own ignorance."I cant definitly say (and yes this does make me feel grown up) that I understand you think you know everything in your youth but at 16 you haven't had near the life experience to understand everything. Hell I'm nearly 23 and don't either though so it's ok.

All-American BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END's Avatar

No, actually, I don't. Being on here and talking to people with the likes of sinton66, Hansum Stranger, JasperDog94, PPHSfan, spiveyrat, and countless others have opened my eyes to the opinions of others and helped me to respect the fact that everyone has a different viewpoint on the situation. These are guys who I have been arguing politics with since I joined the board over four years ago, and we'll argue back and forth for a couple of days, ocassionally getting pissed off with one another, but still maintaining respect for each other's ideas and still remaining friends.

As far as the last part goes, you saying and doing are two very different things than my saying and doing. Naturally, I would probably not resort to phyical attacks to shut you up, but sophomore in high school vs. freshman in college football player, you get the idea. You run your mouth too much and don't know when to stop. I'm not asking you to respect me or anyone else, because you have the right not to, only to stop trying to attack someone who may have a different viewpoint on a subject than you do. I can agree with you when you argue knowing about politics and being less than the legal voting age, I was doing the exact same thing whenever I first started debating, but I didn't jump out and say, " Conservatives are idiots and I hate can't stand being around them," and make myself look stupid, I researched the topic and broadened my horizons. In the future keep in mind that political discussions aren't just facts, it's expressing your opinions, maintaining composure, and being witty. The best way to learn about anything is to talk about it to people who have a different point of view on here, because I was a solid, hardcore Democrat and as left as you could get, but thanks to the guys and others mentioned earlier, it opened my eyes to a lot of ideas and fundamentals that I would have previously been disdainful and resistant of. No matter what party you choose to support, be informed on the policies and the actions taken by the government, because the government is the one who decides what you can and can't do for the rest of your life.
    Official F.A.N.T.O.M. Liaison to Big XII Football, In Charge of Heavy Lifting

I Can Crush You Mentally and Physically

Gary, you're the most politically-ignorant person I've ever met....

jk man, you're very educated in the subject...

Default Re: Re: Re: buffy....

Originally posted by Gobbla2001
    Gary, you're the most politically-ignorant person I've ever met....

jk man, you're very educated in the subject...
    I didn't think you wanted to duel with me....

Originally posted by BuffyMars
    Then why did you title it my name??
    b/c i answered ur question first...about my age

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: buffy....

Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
    I didn't think you wanted to duel with me....
    cracka please

Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
    No, actually, I don't. Being on here and talking to people with the likes of sinton66, Hansum Stranger, JasperDog94, PPHSfan, spiveyrat, and countless others have opened my eyes to the opinions of others and helped me to respect the fact that everyone has a different viewpoint on the situation. These are guys who I have been arguing politics with since I joined the board over four years ago, and we'll argue back and forth for a couple of days, ocassionally getting pissed off with one another, but still maintaining respect for each other's ideas and still remaining friends.

As far as the last part goes, you saying and doing are two very different things than my saying and doing. Naturally, I would probably not resort to phyical attacks to shut you up, but sophomore in high school vs. freshman in college football player, you get the idea. You run your mouth too much and don't know when to stop. I'm not asking you to respect me or anyone else, because you have the right not to, only to stop trying to attack someone who may have a different viewpoint on a subject than you do. I can agree with you when you argue knowing about politics and being less than the legal voting age, I was doing the exact same thing whenever I first started debating, but I didn't jump out and say, " Conservatives are idiots and I hate can't stand being around them," and make myself look stupid, I researched the topic and broadened my horizons. In the future keep in mind that political discussions aren't just facts, it's expressing your opinions, maintaining composure, and being witty. The best way to learn about anything is to talk about it to people who have a different point of view on here, because I was a solid, hardcore Democrat and as left as you could get, but thanks to the guys and others mentioned earlier, it opened my eyes to a lot of ideas and fundamentals that I would have previously been disdainful and resistant of. No matter what party you choose to support, be informed on the policies and the actions taken by the government, because the government is the one who decides what you can and can't do for the rest of your life.
    all good points and i do respect ur view anyway....

and to frisbbe stud....i never said i knew everyhting or whatever i was just kind of ticked when i heard that some people( keith7 and charlesrixey) refused to listen to my POV b/c of my age

i just thought that that was being presumptious and ignorant

only my opinion though

good points anyway

no harm done right?

Default Re: Re: Re: buffy....

all good points and i do respect ur view anyway....

and to frisbbe stud....i never said i knew everyhting or whatever i was just kind of ticked when i heard that some people( keith7 and charlesrixey) refused to listen to my POV b/c of my age

i just thought that that was being presumptious and ignorant

only my opinion though

good points anyway

no harm done right?
    They will continue to be pressumptious unless you prove you know what you're talking about when it comes to politics. What you said warranted the reply you received. You demonstrated to everyone that you hated the liberal agenda and couldn't stand being around a person who had that point of view, contributing nothing to the conversation and attacking one side. The people who said that to you aren't even liberals. It was basically a, "Come back when you're ready to discuss politic like an adult, then your opinions and thoughts will be respected as though you were an adult," kind of thing. I start here as a freshman in high school, so I know how it felt to have that label put on you, but you and only you can get it removed and get people to argue and refute your opinions and not your age. Just some advice from someone who has been where you are, don't take it the wrong way.