Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Softball season begins!!!

Today is the first day of practice!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Fill us in on your softball team!!

All-American

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

all i know is they will be really really really cold when they practice today.
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Junior Varsity

Liberty Eylau returns a softball team that lost to Van last year in a grueling and heartbreaking 3rd-of-three game that went to 15 innings (Van went on to state from that series). They lost seniors at 1B, 2B, C, and in the OF. There have been a couple of losses due to moves and injury, also. However, there are experienced players (HS & travel ball) both returning and stepping up into those positions. The primary pitcher is deep into basketball right now, but returns as a sophomore. The girls, and their new coach, have high expectations for their team.

All-American

GO LADY NECKS!!!

Sftball4Life

I thought it would never get here!!!!

LE finished last season ranked 8th in the state - after making its first appearance in school history at the Regional Final - behind the arm of freshman pitcher Lacey Middlebrooks.

In addition to Lacey, we have 6 juniors who spend all their summers playing competitive travel ball. Those 7 girls have combined to win 3 state championships and 1 world series championship between 2 teams in the past 2 summers.

We have a new head coach this year and we're hoping this will be another great season for the Lady Leopards.

All-American BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END's Avatar

Originally posted by Sftball4Life
    I thought it would never get here!!!!

LE finished last season ranked 8th in the state - after making its first appearance in school history at the Regional Final - behind the arm of freshman pitcher Lacey Middlebrooks.

In addition to Lacey, we have 6 juniors who spend all their summers playing competitive travel ball. Those 7 girls have combined to win 3 state championships and 1 world series championship between 2 teams in the past 2 summers.

We have a new head coach this year and we're hoping this will be another great season for the Lady Leopards.
    What do you have to do with L-E softball?
    Official F.A.N.T.O.M. Liaison to Big XII Football, In Charge of Heavy Lifting

I Can Crush You Mentally and Physically

Oh yeah, Rockdale Lady Tigers are going to win state this year.

Sftball4Life

My daughter is one of the juniors.

Originally posted by Sftball4Life
    My daughter is one of the juniors.
    Pray that ya'll don't have to face Rockdale.

Just kidding, good luck to your daughter.

Great stuff ladies!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Sinton returns 6 starters from last years Regional Finalist team. Lost a heartbreaker to eventual state champions West Columbia.

Looking forward to making another run and finally pushing through and getting back to Austin.

Lots of experience on this team and they are hungry.

GOOD LUCK LADY PIRATES!!!

Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
    Oh yeah, Rockdale Lady Tigers are going to win state this year.
    Rockdale had a great team last year. What can you tell us about this years squad? Region III is the toughest region and it should be very interesting now that West Columbia is in the mix.

Sftball4Life

Thanks.... we like playing the hard games. I can't imagine one any tougher than that 15-inning marathon with Van last year. It was awesome!!

Good Luck to Rockdale too!!

Fairfield will be fair good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to do anything when they get there

I always wanted to ask this---Do you think most girl's softball teams would beat the boy's baseball team in a softball game?