Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry I am officially tired of the cold!

Lepfan, you have ALL my sympathy!!

All-American

Default Re: I am officially tired of the cold!

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Are you tied of the cold or the snow?

I prefer cold weather to hot summer weather except when there is a softball or baseball game to be played.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

I am tired of this mist. It's like we live in Seattle without the cool trees & music.

spiveyrat

Default Re: I am officially tired of the cold!

I was about to say... You can't be as tired of it as I am!

Default Re: Re: I am officially tired of the cold!

Originally posted by spiveyrat
    I was about to say... You can't be as tired of it as I am!
    Oops, Sorry Spivey, I forgot about you!

My sympathy extends to you also!!

spiveyrat

Default Re: Re: Re: I am officially tired of the cold!

Oops, Sorry Spivey, I forgot about you!

My sympathy extends to you also!!

lepfan

I shoveled snow for over an hour yesterday. ...just to be able to get to the store. We are supposed to be above freezing tomorrow!

It was so nice to finally see the sun for the first time in over a week yesterday. Was still too cold to paly wiht the kids outside for very long but it got me out of my not seeing the sun funk.
    I spent two weeks in Detroit, Michigan one time and saw the sun twice. I was ready to slit my wrists. Its depressing.
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

IHStangFan

down in my neck of the woods...its not so much the cold....I dont mind cold...its the freakin rain and drizzle!

All-American

Originally posted by lepfan
    I shoveled snow for over an hour yesterday. ...just to be able to get to the store. We are supposed to be above freezing tomorrow!
    Enjoy the snow! Some of us don't get to see it except every 30 years or so!!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

spiveyrat

Originally posted by Phil C
    Enjoy the snow! Some of us don't get to see it except every 30 years or so!!
    Ain't nothing enjoyable about shovelling snow, Phil. I spent about an hour on my driveway, sidewalk and cars too. Then there's having to wade through it in parking lots that haven't been cleared yet, and all the yuck from sand and salt you get on your car when it melts on the roads, and tracking the dange stuff inside, and trying not to slip and fall down while you're carrying your 2 year old from the car into the house, and...

Unfortunately for us, when it snows, everything doesn't stop. Schools are still in session, and my employer has NEVER shut down for weather since I've been here (10 years).

Ok, done with my rant.
    Last edited by spiveyrat; 01-22-2007 at 12:15 PM.

spiveyrat

JasperDog94

Hey Spivey, you need to come to one of our fishing tourneys that our church is doing. If you make it down here, I'll pay your entry fee.

spiveyrat

Originally posted by JasperDog94
    Hey Spivey, you need to come to one of our fishing tourneys that our church is doing. If you make it down here, I'll pay your entry fee.

Tempting...

All-District

I actually didn't mind the cold last week since I didn't have to get out in it with the icey roads. This cold and no ice just down right stinks!