Thread: Gonzales Job?

Default Gonzales Job?

Is there any one on here with any knowledge about this job? I have heard a couple of friends of mine have applied and I am wondering if they have a chance. One of them is the DC at Port Isabel. He is a Cuero boy and has HC experience in Smithville. I know, Smithville is laughed at on here, but he was the last coach to take them to the playoffs. In fact, he had back-to-back winning seasons there in a very tough district. He has been gone from there for 5 years and they have won exactly 5 games since he left.

"If I have one, I'll have 13"---Blake Shelton

Practice Squad

I played ball in hs with the guy you are talking about, great guy. I guess he is doing great if he wants to get back into the AD stuff.

Default remember

I remember Rockdale beating them in the playoffs in a driving rain storm in Brehnam. He was a good coach and had Sville very tough. Rockdale was lucky to win that one. Cody Burrough had a great game that night and carried Rockdale on his legs running the ball that night.

I wish this guy the best. Class guy.

Dogman

All-American

What happened to their coach? Strange they would fire a coach that got them to the playoffs.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Originally posted by Bull Butter
    Is there any one on here with any knowledge about this job? I have heard a couple of friends of mine have applied and I am wondering if they have a chance. One of them is the DC at Port Isabel. He is a Cuero boy and has HC experience in Smithville. I know, Smithville is laughed at on here, but he was the last coach to take them to the playoffs. In fact, he had back-to-back winning seasons there in a very tough district. He has been gone from there for 5 years and they have won exactly 5 games since he left.

What???! Coach Birchum want's to leave PI??!
    Last edited by footballgal; 01-22-2007 at 05:47 PM.

centexgobbler

I think his mother has been in poor health for the past couple of years. I talked to him over the holidays and he told me how much he and his family like living in PI. Stump and the crew have done a great job down there. I was not given the impression that he wanted to leave. He is just concerned about the health of his mother.

We'll family should come first and so that's totally understandable, as to why he would consider the move. I would probably do the same, if I was in his shoes. And Gonzalez is pretty close to Cuero isn't it?

All-American

Default Re: remember

Originally posted by Dogman_1969
    I remember Rockdale beating them in the playoffs in a driving rain storm in Brehnam. He was a good coach and had Sville very tough. Rockdale was lucky to win that one. Cody Burrough had a great game that night and carried Rockdale on his legs running the ball that night.

I wish this guy the best. Class guy.

Dogman
    I think i remember that game

We beat them like 35-7 in the regular season. then 14-0 in the post season. They were ready for us the second time around.
    "Those who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither..." Ben Franklin