Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate...

Default I hate...

When chain-smokers come into my store and stink it up. I realize they're addicts and that its very cold outside, but give me a break. If you want to kill yourself, fine, you're free to do so, but show me some freaking common courtesy and don't come in here and saturate my air with your stench. I shouldn't have to spray the entire store down with Lysol after you leave!

Default Re: I hate...

Originally posted by Blastoderm55
    When chain-smokers come into my store and stink it up. I realize they're addicts and that its very cold outside, but give me a break. If you want to kill yourself, fine, you're free to do so, but show me some freaking common courtesy and don't come in here and saturate my air with your stench. I shouldn't have to spray the entire store down with Lysol after you leave!
    I hate it when chain smokers hang around the door and make it impossible to go inside without smoking their cigs.

We seek the grail.
    Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis
    for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate
    from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I hate...

Shoot them
    Go Necks! // Women's college basketball writer for Dave Campbell's Texas Basketball // Twitter: @juscarts

could I carry a spit cup around your store with me? Actually I swallow it but just curious.
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Originally posted by injuredinmelee
    could I carry a spit cup around your store with me? Actually I swallow it but just curious.
    Hey, I wouldn't mind you shooting heroin in my store so long as I don't have to smell anything.

Better smokers than having to stay around those who don't bathe very often, blast.....of course, then you have your smoking non-bathers and the two "aromas" tend to combine in an unholy olfactory assault alliance.

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    Better smokers than having to stay around those who don't bathe very often, blast.....of course, then you have your smoking non-bathers and the two "aromas" tend to combine in an unholy olfactory assault alliance.
    True...true

Would it be considered a discriminatory practice to not sell to people who smell? I just can't stand the thought of any of my precious furniture being doomed to a life trapped in the putrid aroma of these people. Worse, the thought of having the merchandise reposessed in terrible condition makes the Baby Jesus cry.

I don't see the problem. It's your store, so put up NO SMOKING SIGNS. And anybody that lights up can be ask either to put it out or to leave.

Originally posted by luvhoops34
    I don't see the problem. It's your store, so put up NO SMOKING SIGNS. And anybody that lights up can be ask either to put it out or to leave.
    Smoking is not allowed, that much is a given. But that does not prevent unsavory fellows from entering and polluting my clean air with their unpleasantries. Some people might be able to tolerate the smell that chain smokers carry, but I'm not one of them. As a former [light] smoker, I cannot fathom how these heavy smokers can smoke so much to reach this level of stinkiness.
    Last edited by Blastoderm55; 01-18-2007 at 05:45 PM.

Smoking is not allowed, that much is a given. But that does not prevent unsavory fellows from entering and polluting my clean air with their unpleasantries. Some people might be able to tolerate the smell that chain smokers carry, but I'm not one of them. As a former [light] smoker, I cannot fathom how these heavy smokers can smoke so much to reach this level of stinkiness.
    I have a good friend that chain smokes continously. And yes, it's that bad. She also smells. She is so addicted that she will not go anywhere in my vehicle because I won't let her smoke in my truck. She also gets highly insulted in she can't smoke in a restaurant.

She told me at CHRISTMAS, that she was going to try and quit. I haven't talked to her since. But I find it highly unlikely that she has been successful.

easy solution:

no smoking sign....

Originally posted by necks_c/09
    easy solution:

no smoking sign....
    ONCE AGAIN

I'm not complaining about smokers or them smoking in my store, which they do not. I'm complaining about their smell, which is something I cannot post a sign in hopes of preventing.

ONCE AGAIN

I'm not complaining about smokers or them smoking in my store, which they do not. I'm complaining about their smell, which is something I cannot post a sign in hopes of preventing.
    ha....sorry....i didnt read the whole thread...i just posted what came to mind when i heard u talk about smokers and ur store

where is this store anyway (in beeville?) and what is called....?

my folks are from 3 rivers and we might know u or ur store...

All-American
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by necks_c/09
    ha....sorry....i didnt read the whole thread...i just posted what came to mind when i heard u talk about smokers and ur store

where is this store anyway (in beeville?) and what is called....?

my folks are from 3 rivers and we might know u or ur store...
    Stalker
    Go Necks! // Women's college basketball writer for Dave Campbell's Texas Basketball // Twitter: @juscarts

All-American

Remember when you were young and you started smoking because you thought it was cool and made you look all grown up?

Time really flys when your living the cool life and aging so quickly.

And hey, look what you have that none of those sissy nonsmokers have.

But you can always say, I LIVED LIFE MY WAY.........
    Last edited by olddawggreen; 01-18-2007 at 08:00 PM.