Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sports trivia

Default sports trivia

im bored. lets keep this board interesting while teaching random sport related facts/trivia to each other. its fairly simple, you can either just tell us or make us try and find it out.

ill go first. Alberto (Baby) Arizmendi holds the record for youngest professional boxing debut?. He is believed to have turned pro at the tender age of 10!
    Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.

F.A.N.T.O.M. Juggernaut

The first sack ever made in the history of the Big XII was made by Jody Brown of Texas Tech University. I don't know if he still coaches at Wylie, but he did when I was there.
    "If you ain't gonna respect your elders it high time you learn to respect your betters."

"Quitters never win and winners never quit. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."

Mary Queen of Scots, the first known female golfer, coined the term “caddy” in 1552, calling her assistants cadets.During her reign, the famous golf course at St. Andrews was built
    Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.

F.A.N.T.O.M. Juggernaut

*** Ejected Player ***
    North of the Rio Grande and South of the Red River

What team won the Super Bowl and also drafted the Heisman winner in the following draft? So no one gets confused on the question, here is an example of how it might of happened last year, Pittsburgh won the last Super Bowl and drafted Reggie Bush.

Give Super Bowl team and the player's name that was drafted.

*** Ejected Player ***

nm...

*** Ejected Player ***

Desmond Howard...4th overall pick by Washington Redskins in April 1992. The Redskins won the Super Bowl in January 1992 over the Buffalo Bills.

Blog Entries

that was goin to be my guess but you beat me to it

nm

F.A.N.T.O.M. Juggernaut

At one point in August 1971, the Pittsburgh Pirates became the first professional team to field nine players who were either black or Latino. Coincidentally, this was the same year that they won the World Series.

F.A.N.T.O.M. Juggernaut

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by DU_stud04
    At one point in August 1971, the Pittsburgh Pirates became the first professional team to field nine players who were either black or Latino. Coincidentally, this was the same year that they won the World Series.
    Du...In 1966, Texas Western was the first school to win the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship while starting 5 black players.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Adidas410s
    Du...In 1966, Texas Western was the first school to win the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship while starting 5 black players.
    lol

the difference in professional and collegiate

didnt they make a movie about that?

F.A.N.T.O.M. Juggernaut

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by DU_stud04
    didnt they make a movie about that?
    Glory Road

Blog Entries

Glory Road
    great movie

Who was the first baseball team to win the World Series after being relocated. I'm wanting the team name, where they were originally and where they moved to, and what year they won the world series.

F.A.N.T.O.M. Juggernaut