Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Starter

Default Columbia 26 Bellville 12 Final

Well done Necks!!!!!
    Why be difficult, when with a bit of effort, you can be impossible.

IHStangFan

WOW!!!! I'm shocked!

Brahma73

I think the final was 26-6.

Congratulations, Roughnecks.

Starter

Bellville picked up a loose ball on the last play and scored....

Bellville didn't get to meet Flannel the 1st time around.
    He introduced himself: 40 carries 268 yrds 2 TDs....
    Why be difficult, when with a bit of effort, you can be impossible.

Junior Varsity

Everyone knew Flannel was getting the ball pretty much every play in the second half and he still wasnt stopped.

Congratulations Columbia!

Flannel did make a difference and Bellville's inability to take care of the ball was also a huge factor in the game. Bellville had 4 INT's and lost 2 fumbles. Trailing 12-6 in the 4th QTR, Bellville was driving for the go ahead TD. The Bellville receiver came down with the ball around the 20 yd line, but the defender wrestled the ball away to stop that drive. All night long, Bellville kept shooting themselves in the foot. The QB had previously huirt his hand and it really showed tonight. Several drives were stopped by bad passes that were easily intercepted. There was also a sure TD on a half back pass that was dropped and another one where the receiver did catch it for a big gain, but fumbled as he was tackled.

Good luck to Columbia in the playoffs.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

Bull19

CONGRATS TO COLUMBIA ON THE WIN. FLANNEL SUPRISED ME. I DIDNT THINK HE WAS GOING TO BE THE DOMINANT IN THE GAME. I EAT MY WORDS ON HIM. HE'S GOOD. HOWEVER I ALMOST FEEL SORRY FOR HIM. I BET HE PROLY WONT BE ABLE TO WALK TOMMOROW. YOU HAVE TO TAKE IN ACOUNT BELLVILLE'S TURNOVERS THOUGH. GOING INTO THE FOURTH QUARTER WITH 4 OR 5 TURNOVER'S CREDITED TO THEM ALREADY AND ONLY BEING DOWN BY 6 SAYS ALOT. HAD THEIR CHANCES TO WIN THE GAME . THE BETTER TEAM MOST DEFINENTLY WON TONIGHT. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.
    Last edited by Bull19; 11-18-2006 at 12:19 AM.

Bull19

GOOD LUCK TO COLUMBIA THE REST OF THE WAY.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Great Defensive effort by Columbia. Can't even remember the total number of picks. Everytime Bellville go good field position, one of the Twins would pick it off
    Go Necks! // Women's college basketball writer for Dave Campbell's Texas Basketball // Twitter: @juscarts

HPLJ6L

Default If the Roughnecks score 21+........

Never being the one to say "I told you so." so I will let the Houston Chronicle speak for me.

"Roughnecks running back Jared Flannel carried the ball for 229 yards in the second half and scored two touchdowns to lead the Roughnecks into the next round against Silsbee."

Nice win for the Roughnecks

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Specklebelly

I called it a trap game for Bellville and I guess I was correct. Judging from all of the turnovers, it looks like they left their A game in Austin County tonight. Congrats to West Columbia on a well earned victory.

All-State

Congrats to Columbia. They certainly played a better game tonight. The Bulls needed to play flawless ball, and that didn't happen. No excuses, just good luck wishes to the Necks. To the Brahmas, Bellville is proud of what you've done on the football field this year. Maybe some of the behavior between practices and games hindered the effort and attitude. When you put on the Brahma/Brahmanette uniform, you represent our school, our town, your families all the time. Just something to think about as we watch other teams advance throught the playoffs. Again, congratulations and best wishes to Columbia--tremendous effort and a job well done. Brahmas, lick your wounds, get healthy, take a hard look in the mirror and get ready for next year. Graduating seniors, thanks for giving it your all.

Originally posted by carter08
    Great Defensive effort by Columbia. Can't even remember the total number of picks. Everytime Bellville got good field position, one of the Twins would pick it off
    I'll agree with you, but there was some horrible throws by the QB. He also made some bad decisions, especially throwing into coverage over the middle. Columbia had some great "centerfielders" out on the field.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

Letterman

That "overrated" kid Flannel? He just smoked a very, very good defense for over 200 yds with 92 of them coming in the 4th Qtr. My script had him 42 for 245 and 2 TD's. Not too shabby for an "overrated" runner!
    "...that's for sissy rednecks. Next thing you know, you'll shave, cut your hair and start wearing capri pants!" Uncle Si Robertson, Duck Commander