Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-American

Default Aggy's I have a Question

I read somewhere that Fran may be out if he doesn't win these next two games and that Mike Sherman OC for the Green Bay Packers is a likely candidate for the job. Any truth or have yall heard this same rumor?
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

Passages-Malibu recovering from a HS football addiction

I certainly hope not.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. El Presidente
    AKA "El Guapo"
    The greatest dirt waterer to ever live!
    Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Thanks for that one 44!

handNthedirt

news to me...hopefully that's off the front page of the enquirer...he's not the guy for the job. I want Jerry Glanville and his House of Pain to revamp the Wrecking Crew! Hell Yeah! Farmers Fight!

All-American

On his blog, Sporting News' Tom Dienhart has some interesting news involving Fran and former UT coach Tim Brewster to Iowa State.
    A nail in Franchione's coffin
    A source told me Texas A&M's Dennis Franchione isn't out of the woods. He failed his first test of a big November, losing at home to Oklahoma. Let's just say it would be advisable to win out over Nebraska at home and at Texas. If Fran doesn't, a source tells me the winds of change could blow in College Station. A source told me a good fit to take over is former Green Bay Packers coach Mike Sherman, who's the current assistant head coach/offense of the Houston Texans. Sherman hasn't coached in college since leaving A&M following a two-year stint in 1995-96 as the offensive line coach. He also coached the line in College Station from 1989-93.
    Update
    A source just told me that a big-time candidate for the ISU job is Denver Broncos tight ends coach Tim Brewster. He has extensive college experience, including ultra-successful stints at North Carolina and Texas. Brewster was in the running for the job at Illinois, his alma mater, that went to Ron Zook. Also, Brewster would be a viable candidate for the Stanford job, if the school opts to dump Walt Harris.

All remains quiet on the Michigan State front. A source told me recently that Steve Mariucci was offered the gig. But, the longer MSU goes without getting an answer, the more it appears the job will remain open. I just had a source call to tell that Philadelphia Eagles quarterbacks coach Pat Shurmur is "very much a candidate" for the MSU job, lending more credence to the notion Mariucci won't be the Spartans' next coach. Another source told me that LSU defensive coordinator Bo Pelini wants the MSU position, moreso than the Iowa State job.
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

All-American

I heard some talk about this on the radio today.
    Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    kep is always 100% serious. He doesn't joke and doesn't like people who do.

Originally posted by handNthedirt
    he's not the guy for the job.
    I can't believe that I actually agree with handNthedirt on this. If it's really time for Fran to go (quite possibly) then I'd like to see the Ags throw a huge pile of cash down in front of Rich Rodriguez at West Virginia and see what happens. I think he's the real deal. West Virginia has been a pretender for years. Bobby Bowden was smart enough to realize it in the 70's and hopefully Rich Rodriguez will be smart enough to realize it now.
    AKA "El Guapo"
    Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Thanks for that one 44!

g$$

I like Mike Sherman. He had one bad year in Green Bay with a decaying roster. He has A&M ties too, so maybe it is a possibility. I just wish Kubiak had gotten a chance at it before he took the woe-begone Texans rebuilding job. I did not know Sherman at A&M, but I spoke with him a few times & he is a sharp man, very articulate.

But, Fran is owed lots of $$ & I don't think he's going anywhere.

Mike Sherman is with the Texans by the way as Associate Head Coach/Offensive Line (not Green Bay).

And "Aggy" is not a word Tiger WR. Quit trying to be cute like your predecessor West Tx. You look stupid too when you do that. That would be like me typing "whorn". Both dumb.

HPLJ6L

Let's be real here. I know it hurts but, Fran is gone. Gates is moving up to the pentagon and whoever comes after him will surely need to have a good relationship with Alumni. Alumni want to return to the glory days of a monster defense and at least wondering what will happen when you put the two best teams in Texas head to head (UT and aTm). They used to have something to be proud of. Now the two best teams with texas players are Texas and Oklahoma. Anyway, let's keep checking the Century21 website for the lastest.
    And you know A&M will pay him the money like it's pocket change, that's never been a problem up there.

AggieBob

Fran Gone=Lots of money to pay off his contract,also=lots of money to get another coach in, also=terrible senior year for me because we would have to start over agian as a program, also=many drunken nights due to terrible losses by our team =loss of gf due to drunkeness= drop in grades by 83.5%= no job offering out of college= working at Mcdonalds...=me getting fat from fries....

tiger_94

Default Re: Aggy's I have a Question

Originally posted by Tiger WR
    I read somewhere that Fran may be out if he doesn't win these next two games and that Mike Sherman OC for the Green Bay Packers is a likely candidate for the job. Any truth or have yall heard this same rumor?
    All of us non aggy fans can just hope that this is not true, it would be terrible to see fran leave cs

All-District

The rumor I heard yesterday was Steve Spurrier. I hate that guy but he recruits like a mother.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Originally posted by GreenMonster
    I can't believe that I actually agree with handNthedirt on this. If it's really time for Fran to go (quite possibly) then I'd like to see the Ags throw a huge pile of cash down in front of Rich Rodriguez at West Virginia and see what happens. I think he's the real deal. West Virginia has been a pretender for years. Bobby Bowden was smart enough to realize it in the 70's and hopefully Rich Rodriguez will be smart enough to realize it now.
    I dont see Rodriguez leaving WV any time soon. That is hi Alma Mater.

I know that TECH isnt ATM, but Rodriguez turned down TECH in order to wait for the WV job.

I would hate for him to leave WV for ATM...I like Rodriguez and I think that he would make ATM respectable again.

Originally posted by raider red 2000
    I dont see Rodriguez leaving WV any time soon. That is hi Alma Mater.
    Yeah, I forgot about him being a WVU grad. It would be hard to get him out of there. Petrino doesn't want to leave at Louisville either. Butch Davis is set to sign on with North Carolina. Spurrier is NOT going to leave South Carolina, whoever's lame idea that is needs to re-evaluate the Bryan-College Station golf course situation. Urban Meyer would be a great choice but he turned down Notre Dame to go to Florida so he ain't coming to Texas either. Which direction should they go? Heck, I don't know.

To be continued after many DEEP thoughts.
    AKA "El Guapo"

IHStangFan

hell, get Applewhite out of Rice and get him up to CS! Look what hes down down at Rice so far!

A Texas Ex coaching the Ags......that'd be interesting!

Originally posted by IHStangFan
    hell, get Applewhite out of Rice and get him up to CS! Look what hes down down at Rice so far!

A Texas Ex coaching the Ags......that'd be interesting!

I dont think that ATM wants to take a chance on a young coach like that....although I think that he would be fine there.

I like AppleSauce....had he played mroe his sr year in austin they might have won a national championship sooner.....that kid wasnt flashy but got the job done.