Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Hottogo

BurnetBandRules:
    I was talking to all the posters on this particular topic as an entire body. No on in particualar. I know they intended no harm or disrespect by getting on the field. I would have prefered they hadn't done it while we were performing but they did what they needed to. But, I don't see what the extra two min. were going to do for them. I mean, there was a track behind us they could have trown the ball or warmed up on. Heck, the could have done it while their band was marching. BUT, you know, we all have different opinions and view points...I mean look at how many opinions have been posted thus far....120+!
    I agree this was a thread that should never have started. Get smart band members and band parents! Understand that a post like the first one posted here on this football site will recieve this kind of response. Don't leave yourselve's open in the future. This would have been a great topic, Im sure on a band site. (Maybe its time that you start one.) I am proud of our band and usualy choose to watch the bands at half time rather than fight the crowds, but I don't come on 3A down low football site to see band members draw the kind of flack that they leave themselves open for with coments like the ones posted here.

<small>[ November 10, 2003, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: Hottogo ]</small>

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

BurnetBandRules:
    I was talking to all the posters on this particular topic as an entire body. No on in particualar. I know they intended no harm or disrespect by getting on the field. I would have prefered they hadn't done it while we were performing but they did what they needed to. But, I don't see what the extra two min. were going to do for them. I mean, there was a track behind us they could have trown the ball or warmed up on. Heck, the could have done it while their band was marching. BUT, you know, we all have different opinions and view points...I mean look at how many opinions have been posted thus far....120+!
    listen...the football teams can do whatever the heck they want in order to get ready...why would they warm up during their own band? so they can get warm then go back to the locker room while yall's band is out there??

they should limit each band to 10 minutes so there's 5 minutes of peace and quiet and fans dont have to listen to the noise of the band and so they can eat their sausage-on-a-stick's in peace....

oh no - here goes 5 more pages ............

BTW - at the Forney/Hutch game it was finally cold enuf I had a S-on-a-S and it was GREAT !!!!!!!!!!

sinton 1316

why do we watch the band?
    just maybe the reason why the people stay in the stands is b/c thats where they were in the first place...in the stands watching FOOTBALL
    maybe they werent hungry so they didnt get up and leave...maybe they can TOLERATE the band enough to not leave while they are playing
    if the concessions were free...im sure there would be hardly any people in the stands
    and i dont know how they do it in burnet...its working though...
    but here in Sinton--we call competing and practicing two different things
    we also take one game at a time
    is the band competing at a football game?
    no
    is the football team competing at a football game?
    yes
    warming up can prevent injuries...and yes 2 minutes does make a difference
    if 2 minutes isnt that much...then maybe the band can get off the field 2 minutes sooner...
    since, you know...2 minutes doesnt matter
    and this post was directed at burnetbandrules to clear up any confusion

TheMarine

THIS IS STUPID! NO ONE EVEN SAW THE PLAYERS ON THE FIELD. BBR CRY ME A RIVER, BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT!

3ahunter2k4

Band sucks. they get in the way most of the time. It is called a "FOOTBALL GAME". Plus everyone is usually at the concession stand when the band plays anyways, so no one is really watching them anyways.

20dawgz05

oviosly u have never been to a Burnet game, our fans are behind ALL organizations we have and our stands are full during halftime and it always ends with a standing ovation!!!!..........LETS JUST END THIS TOPIC ALREADY!!!!!! OK I OFFICIALY END IT!!!!

20dawgz05:
    oviosly u have never been to a Burnet game, our fans are behind ALL organizations we have and our stands are full during halftime and it always ends with a standing ovation!!!!..........LETS JUST END THIS TOPIC ALREADY!!!!!! OK I OFFICIALY END IT!!!!
    the only reason people stay in the stands at burnet is cause the lines are too long at the concession stand, they have to wait til half time is over

BurnetBandRules

Okay, CAN WE END THIS! I BET THAT THIS IS ONE OF THE LONGEST POSTS ON THIS SITE! END! END! END! END! END! END! END!

BurnetBandRules:
    Okay, CAN WE END THIS! I BET THAT THIS IS ONE OF THE LONGEST POSTS ON THIS SITE! END! END! END! END! END! END! END!
    Nope I think my "write the next line" topic is the longest we ever had

BHKrystal06

This is the LONGEST post I have EVER read. Can we just drop this? The game was HOW long ago? GEEZ!

Zepeda96

The football players are out to play a dificult game and need to warm up. Yes the band is part of the team but the band doesn't work hard to earn a championship title like the football players do.
    The band needs to understand that band is a year long event, Footaball only last half a semester or less. True that its a football game not a concert. The band won't march if there no football team to march for.

dawgmeister

The Burnet Band has advanced to the State Marching Contest the last three times in a row, and has earned UIL sweepstakes for at least the last 12 years in a row, so we probably know a thing or two about championships.
    Comparing football competitions to band competitions is like comparing apples and oranges; only an idiot would do that! But our band does support our football team, just like they support the band and drill team! That's what makes Burnet unstoppable right now!
    As for what the fans stick around for in Burnet; they support winners, both during the game and at halftime. Burnet is the greatest place to be in Texas right now, because our town gets it; they support EVERY STUDENT in EVERY ORGANIZATION on campus! If it's not like that in your town, you just don't get it!!

dawgmeister:
    The Burnet Band has advanced to the State Marching Contest the last three times in a row, and has earned UIL sweepstakes for at least the last 12 years in a row, so we probably know a thing or two about championships.
    Comparing football competitions to band competitions is like comparing apples and oranges; only an idiot would do that! But our band does support our football team, just like they support the band and drill team! That's what makes Burnet unstoppable right now!
    As for what the fans stick around for in Burnet; they support winners, both during the game and at halftime. Burnet is the greatest place to be in Texas right now, because our town gets it; they support EVERY STUDENT in EVERY ORGANIZATION on campus! If it's not like that in your town, you just don't get it!!
    whoa, you almost said some things about burnet we havent already read on here 8 billion times...that was a close one...

let this post die...everybody agrees the football team had the right to warm up and that waiting in line at the concession stand is better than watching bands at half time...