Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

BHSSenior2006:
    Half time is designated for the school to have 25 minutes to do something, not to be interrupted by the football players tossing the ball around. You realize that burnet football players weren't on the field, maybe its b/c they have a little more respect for the band than liberty hill does.
    No they do it to give the players a break and give the fans time to get something to eat and go to the bathroom.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

BHSSenior2006:
    Half time is designated for the school to have 25 minutes to do something, not to be interrupted by the football players tossing the ball around. You realize that burnet football players weren't on the field, maybe its b/c they have a little more respect for the band than liberty hill does.
    it is not designated for the school to do something, its a rest time for the players and it just happens to be filled with band stuff....i would personally like to see it called a designated 'silence' period...having to listen to the band ramble on during the game is bad enough...lol, it'd be like a half time/break time from the band for the fans...

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

Does it also bother you the fans talk during you show???? Are you gonna complain about us to?????

3afan2K3:
    Does it also bother you the fans talk during you show???? Are you gonna complain about us to?????
    everybody should be required to sit perfectly still and stare directly at the football field and not move or say a word until there is 00:00 on the half time clock...lol...

why do you want to fuss lepfan? i just said that option was there,the halftime was not yet over. the band was still on the field.it just didnt seem right had they waited the boys could have ran thru their sign while the band exits the field .

Bandera YaYa

I have to admit, and I was IN the band in High School...but I don't watch the band's show...I hated the ugly uniforms and those early morning practices....the only thing I liked were the bus trips...we had a blast! No disrespect, but I think the only fans that really get into the half time show, are the parents of the band members.
    And, so they should. Me..I head to the munchie stand and get in some good
    "gobbling".

bigdogsbulldogmom:
    why do you want to fuss lepfan? i just said that option was there,the halftime was not yet over. the band was still on the field.it just didnt seem right had they waited the boys could have ran thru their sign while the band exits the field .
    dont you get it...the players could care less about the band performing at half time, the only people that do care are the parents of the kids in the band, and thats cause they sorta have to...if the teams want to go out early and warm up if it was cold outside then i think half time performances should end early to accomodate them, and the teams certainly should not be forced to wait on the band to finish...the football team has priority over EVERYTHING on the field...

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

BHSSenior2006

You know bigdogsbulldogmom you are the only one that sees my point, i guess it b/c you knew someone on the field like i did.

How would yall feel if that was yall on the field and someone did that to yall? You know maybe you should put yourself in those kids shoes.

I hate it when bands play music people have never heard of

top priorities at high school football games...

1. The teams and game itself
    2. Perfect Weather
    3. Good Food at the Concession Stand
    4. Easy access parking
    10. The band's half time performance

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

BHSSenior2006:
    You know bigdogsbulldogmom you are the only one that sees my point, i guess it b/c you knew someone on the field like i did.

How would yall feel if that was yall on the field and someone did that to yall? You know maybe you should put yourself in those kids shoes.
    It has happened before. The band ran out on the field before the game was over and the guy playing the tuba got ran over by the RB.

i think that the senior band members deserve every last minute that they have coming, after all this was a home game and their last performance on their field.

bigdogsbulldogmom:
    i think that the senior band members deserve every last minute that they have coming, after all this was a home game and their last performance on their field.
    they'll get over it

3afan2K3:
    BHSSenior2006:

It has happened before. The band ran out on the field before the game was over and the guy playing the tuba got ran over by the RB.
    lol

I hope burnet doesnt ever have to play Dallas Pinkston then BHSSenior2006 would be REALLY mad