Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

ttt

lepfan

I laughed out loud...AGAIN...after reading the first post. It brought back many memories. Thanks Jason

handNdirt is gonna have a FIELD DAY!!! LMAO!!!

Originally posted by jason
    they reserve the right to come out and warm up...its a football game, not a concert...
    Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.

F.A.N.T.O.M. Juggernaut

All-American

Can someone explain to us how this thread was "unlocked"? If a thread is over a year old it can't be posted on again(hence the word "locked") and suddenly this thread has a new post about two years from it's last post.
    Last edited by SintonFan; 11-13-2006 at 01:20 AM.

Originally posted by SintonFan
    Can someone explain to us how this thread was "unlocked"?
    magic

Originally posted by SintonFan
    Can someone explain to us how this thread was "unlocked"? If a thread is over a year old it can't be posted on again(hence the word "locked") and suddenly this thread has a new post about two years from it's last post.
    Some of the good threads are brought back up for posterity sake!

It's all in good fun!

Passages-Malibu recovering from a HS football addiction

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Some of the good threads are brought back up for posterity sake!

It's all in good fun!
    Someone needs to take this thread out behind the barn and put it out of it's misery.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. El Presidente
    AKA "El Guapo"
    The greatest dirt waterer to ever live!
    Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Thanks for that one 44!

All-American

it was funny reading how liberty hill had 'no chance of winning against burnet since they were down apparently a lot at halftime

a lot has changed
    Go Bobcats/Longhorns/Cowboys (and Mavs/Rangers/Stars and the Duke Blue Devils)

1998-2001 JBC Pigskin Prep
    2001-2006 TxPreps
    2006-2015 3ADownlow / Texas Downlow

USMC-Iraq 2005-2006

This is one of the funniest (and longest) subjects that's been discussed in a while. All the talk about rude football players, angry band members and band parents, dangerous band instruments and concessions stands is great.

What bothers me is the way so many people use "....." between comments to make really long run-on sentences. For pete's sake, make complete sentences and use correct punctuation marks. That is, unless you just didn't learn it in school. It's so much more enjoyable for those of us trying to read it.

How's that for changing the subject?

Originally posted by BwdLions
    This is one of the funniest (and longest) subjects that's been discussed in a while. All the talk about rude football players, angry band members and band parents, dangerous band instruments and concessions stands is great.

What bothers me is the way so many people use "....." between comments to make really long run-on sentences. For pete's sake, make complete sentences and use correct punctuation marks. That is, unless you just didn't learn it in school. It's so much more enjoyable for those of us trying to read it.

How's that for changing the subject?
    I thought it was funny that hardly ANYONE who posted on that thread, is even here anymore!!!

You DID realize that thread is 5 years old, didn't ya??

All-American

Default Re: I have a COMPLAINT on the LH football players.

Originally posted by BHSSenior2006
    While the band was out there finishing their show...Liberty Hill football players were behind us throwing footballs. What if they were to hit the band. There was still 3 minutes left of halftime..COULDN'T YALL WAIT to let the finish their show..We thought that was really rude, and i know that i am not the ONLY person to think so. I have had many people say to me that was really RUDE of them to do that.
    Are you sure? I find it hard to believe that you can use the words "Liberty Hill" and " throwing the football" in the same sentence! There like oil and water.

All-American

Originally posted by CTownHardHitter07
    Band people.....lets not cry about this now.....or whoever started this topic....it is a football game...band is their for entertainment purposes.....i think the football guys have the right to warm up so they will be ready to play..dont have a cow....i mean i would rather my team be stretched and warm and ready to play....but we wouldnt wanna hurt any feelings now...haha
    j/k
    Actually...it's first and foremost a school function, designed to get as many students and parents and the whole town involved in the event. The football game is the "hook" to get people to come. It's about developing character. We shouldnt forget this...its about the kids.

BUT...

It doesnt sound like there was disrepect intended. I have seen this many times, and I doubt there was intentional dissing. But I do know there is lots of disrespect for the band and the cheerleaders at most games I have seen...they work their tails off for little or no acknowledgement. Most people just blow them off.

A clap now and then...or a "way to go" or a "hey you guys rocked" comment on your way to the bathroom or concession stand goes a long way towards giving kids a feeling of acceptance and accomplishment.

i am guilty of not doing enough to encourage these kids. I bet most here are too. I will try to improve on this.

PEOPLE!!!

This happened 5 years ago!!!!

Look at the first post date!!