Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    BHSSenior2006

Post I have a COMPLAINT on the LH football players.

While the band was out there finishing their show...Liberty Hill football players were behind us throwing footballs. What if they were to hit the band. There was still 3 minutes left of halftime..COULDN'T YALL WAIT to let the finish their show..We thought that was really rude, and i know that i am not the ONLY person to think so. I have had many people say to me that was really RUDE of them to do that.

BHSSenior2006

May i also add that it was the 8th graders on the field with the high school band having their turn in the spot light. People stopped watching how wonderful the 8th grade band was to the DISRESPECT football players. Im sorry to say but i really am disappointed those guys did that. What if yall were the ones in the 8th grade band and had football players behind yall doing that? Yall wouldn't be to happy either.

Burnet Dawg06

I noticed that too...

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

they reserve the right to come out and warm up...its a football game, not a concert...

lepfan

jason:
    they reserve the right to come out and warm up...its a football game, not a concert...
    I don't see it as disrespect, like jason said it is a football game not a concert, no disrespect to the band...but, this goes on all the time, I have never looked at it as you have...get over it because it will happen again, and again, .....

Texan007

Well.... It is a football game.

I have seen your band and thought it was the best band show all year.

I am sure the LH players meant no disrespect to your band. But it was cold and they needed to warm up to get ready to play the second half for a district championship. Don't take it so personal.

All-American

Burnetdawg06, while it was pretty unusual for them to do that, I think you have to understand that they had a whole lot more on their minds than half time shows, if you noticed their cheer leaders were standing on the end of the field with their big sign for the team to run through. The team finished warming up and went straight to their side line and didnt make a big entrance by running through the sign. Their cheerleaders dropped the sign and ran on over to their side when they realized what was happening. I don't think any of this had anything to do with LH being rude to the Burnet band, I think they knew by the half that they had very little chance of winning the game. It has to be hard for a team to be undefeated all season to realize early in a game that they were up against a team that they really might not be able to beat. I just hope we don't have the same experiance this year. I am proud of the LH team for keeping a hard fight up till the end. They are definately a team for their community to be proud.

olddawggreen:
    Burnetdawg06, while it was pretty unusual for them to do that, I think you have to understand that they had a whole lot more on their minds than half time shows, if you noticed their cheer leaders were standing on the end of the field with their big sign for the team to run through. The team finished warming up and went straight to their side line and didnt make a big entrance by running through the sign. Their cheerleaders dropped the sign and ran on over to their side when they realized what was happening. I don't think any of this had anything to do with LH being rude to the Burnet band, I think they knew by the half that they had very little chance of winning the game. It has to be hard for a team to be undefeated all season to realize early in a game that they were up against a team that they really might not be able to beat. I just hope we don't have the same experiance this year. I am proud of the LH team for keeping a hard fight up till the end. They are definately a team for their community to be proud.
    ... a voice of reason ...

weatherag07

olddawggreen:
    Amen to that! They did play a great and exciting game, and I personally think they were a good test for our defense, especially with the dawgs getting ready for playoffs. I hope Liberty Hill does extremely will in division 2. I'll be rooting them on!!

GO BIG GREEN!

BHSSenior2006:
    May i also add that it was the 8th graders on the field with the high school band having their turn in the spot light. People stopped watching how wonderful the 8th grade band was to the DISRESPECT football players. Im sorry to say but i really am disappointed those guys did that. What if yall were the ones in the 8th grade band and had football players behind yall doing that? Yall wouldn't be to happy either.
    That doesnt make any sense at all

if the LH coaches wanted to warm up the lights are on @ the practce field just outside the locker room,..........er...uh...right beside the stadium

bigdogsbulldogmom:
    if the LH coaches wanted to warm up the lights are on @ the practce field just outside the locker room,..........er...uh...right beside the stadium
    Like jason said earlier its a Football game not a concert.

lepfan

bigdogsbulldogmom:
    Why should they have to go over there...at least they were on the field ready to play when the half was over...get these whiners some cheese...GET OVER IT...you all(most) seem to always have something to complain about if things are not just perfect and laid out for you

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

bigdogsbulldogmom:
    ur kidding right? if they had done that, ya'll would have complained about them using your practice field and killing the grass...the football teams have top priority over everything, including the band....

BHSSenior2006

Half time is designated for the school to have 25 minutes to do something, not to be interrupted by the football players tossing the ball around. You realize that burnet football players weren't on the field, maybe its b/c they have a little more respect for the band than liberty hill does.