Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    *** Ejected Player ***

Default gainesville 2003 vs gilmer 2006

I think gainesvilles 2003 team was one of the best 3a teams ive seen in a long time.they even played great defence.How cool would it be to see how gilmer 2006 would do aginst gainesville 2003.I think that gainesville team would beat gilmer 2006.

All-American bullfrog_alumni_02's Avatar

i disagree. gainesville 03 was a good team. really good team. but they put up only 28 i think against my alma mater and gave up 7. LW was in a BIG down year that year after loosing all but one person on defense and that person only started 3 games. after looking at the successes that gilmer has had, i have to take gilmer over g'ville.

*** Ejected Player ***

no purvy would run wild.

JasperDog94

Sounds like an ESPN arguement.

*** Ejected Player ***

Having watched that Gainesville team in the playoffs...their speed on the defensive side of the ball was ridiculous. I do think Gilmer would have a great shot against though because of their ability to throw the ball. Nobody would have too much of a running game against the front 7 of Gainesville. Factor in that Gilmer's D isn't the strongest...and this game could turn into a game of whoever has the ball last wins. I think it would look very similar to Celina vs Garrison in 2001. Celina was better all-around...but Garrison was loaded with offensive weapons and was able to match Celina score for score even though their defense couldn't do too much. Celina finally got a stop late in the 4th and that was the difference.

when i watched them, it was only the second or third game of the season. they prolly hadnt gelled completely yet.

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
    when i watched them, it was only the second or third game of the season. they prolly hadnt gelled completely yet.
    Yeah. Their defense was one of the 2 best I had ever watched in 3A. It was just sick watching them. You knew you had know chance...and it was the state semifinals!

i didnt really think LW had much of a chance any in that game. i still rooted for them, they are my home-town-team. but atleast that year they could say they were beat by the eventual state champs! i think the final record for the season was 1-9...terrible

All-American

Here ya go;

CALPREPS.COM
    Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

at Gilmer (TX)
    [2003] Gainesville (TX) 34, [2006] Gilmer (TX) 31

at Gainesville (TX)
    [2003] Gainesville (TX) 35, [2006] Gilmer (TX) 31

at neutral site
    [2003] Gainesville (TX) 35, [2006] Gilmer (TX) 31

http://wwwcalpreps.com-calpreps.com

the '02 Everman team would have beat gilmer '06 by three touchdowns.

Why are we talkign about how great this 06 team is when they havent won anything yet?
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Wylie had the 03 gainesville team down at halftime. I have never considered them even CLOSE to one of the best 3a teams in history.

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

All-American

why don't ya'll talk about somebody else for a while. we are quite boring and frankly not as good as any past champions. if we will all our games we shall probably go down as the worst undefeated team of all time.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by lostaussie
    why don't ya'll talk about somebody else for a while. we are quite boring and frankly not as good as any past champions. if we will all our games we shall probably go down as the worst undefeated team of all time.
    ROFL...good one!

Oh I think Gilmer is scary good. They could easily go down as one of the best ever but the teams in that Upper Echelon of Praise have won championships. Gilmer hasnt won it yet. there is a long long row still to hoe. Everyone is so ready to crown themnow. Refer to Denny Green going nuts the other night it is the same thing. Fans and media are always lookign for a darling and speculating what if or when we.. lets let the football team get it done then we will talk about EVER.

It is not only annoying to you, but to the rest of us too. I know it isn't people from GILMER starting it, but if it makes you feel any better there is always ONE team this board will be in "awe" of during the season. What will NOT make you feel better is that those teams usually don't win STATE!