Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END's Avatar

Default My Response to the Announcement and My Apology to the Moderators

I started my movement for change in the best interest of the Downlow, not in disrespect of the our moderators or our administrators. My intentions were to show, through what I hoped would be a resounding voice, that the face of the Downlow was changing, and that in my humble opinion in order to facilitate that change, actions were to be taken. I feel as though what I said was taken in a different manner. I never meant what I said to seem as an attack on our moderators, I think they do a fine job, and I stated that several times. I will be the first to admit that I was wrong in the way that I presented this idea, as I now realize that it made our moderators feel as though the general consensus believed they were too strict/disliked by many posters. My intentions were to never do that, I consider many of the moderators to be my friends, and the only one I do not is the one who never posts, so I have no contact with him. I apologize for the misconception and to the moderators for any grief that I caused them. All that aside, I do not believe that anyone broke any rules in what was said. We are what makes the Downlow what it is, not the moderators, not the administrator, and not the owner. Without us, the Downlow would cease to exist. Each poster brings their own unique perspectives to every issue and provides insight to different teams across the state. It is the posters that make the Downlow what it is, not the rules, not the agendas between posters, not the powers at hand, but instead the personalities that each poster brings. This is a great place for people to come and get to know each other, but you cannot try to rule this board with an iron fist. Everyone talks about the Old Downlow vs. the New Downlow, and I think that it all started when the new rules were implemented. A large number of things that were previously acceptable were all of the sudden off limits, and everything became too serious. I do like coming here and I have made plenty of friends here. I plan to keep coming here, but there are going to be times when things need change, and I am always going to be outspoken about what I believe in and try to propose a solution. I feel as though I have been here long enough and have been an active enough poster to do so. I don't think that I am better than anyone else because I have been here longer, nor do I feel as though I have contributed more than anyone else, but there are times when suggestions are not always bad, nor are they attacks on the powers at hand, but the true desire to improve this place. You, the moderators and administrators, want us to be more understanding, I think that this should apply for everyone, including yourselves. I understand that this is not a democracy, but that doesn't mean you should rule it like a dictatorship. That is all I have to say about that. I really appreciate all the hard work that you guys have put into this place, and I think that I can say that for just about everyone. This isn't an attack, this is just the way I feel on the subject.
    Official F.A.N.T.O.M. Liaison to Big XII Football, In Charge of Heavy Lifting

I Can Crush You Mentally and Physically

It seems to me that you conitinously start confrontations.
    Especially if those views do not reflect yours. At first, I respected you
    for your vigor. But, to be honest with you it has grown tire some.
    Writing a long educated resonse doesn't excuse your ignorance.

IMHO.

I have always had the right to express my viewpoints. Just because I don't live a life of conformity does not mean that I'm always trying to start confrontations. My point of view differs a lot from that of others in many instances, and unlike you, I'm going to stand up for what I believe in. Call it what you like, it doesn't mean I'm going to change because you don't like it.
    Last edited by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END; 10-17-2006 at 09:03 PM.

Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
    I have always had the right to express my viewpoints. Just because I don't live a life of conformity does not mean that I'm always trying to start confrontations. My point of view differs a lot from that of others in many instances, and unlike you, I'm going to stand up for what I believe in. Call it what you like, it doesn't mean I'm going to change because you don't like it.

Totally true bro. I responded to your post. I told you what my
    opinion was. I will leave it at that. PEACE.

Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
    Totally true bro. I responded to your post. I told you what my
    opinion was. I will leave it at that. PEACE.
    Now see, that wasn't so hard now was it? I'm not always serious, I like to have fun too.

All-American

IMO, the reason the board has changed is two fold. First, the dropping of all 3a information except the message board brought more people to the board to talk and not just to investigate competition and other areas of the state. Second, the M&G at the various fields and the t-shirts moving around the state have made posters friends or at the least very close aquaintances.

This brought many other topics and posting competition to the board. It has changed drastically and it is probably the loss of Matt328's hands on attention that is ultimately responsible. This is not bad just a change in focus. In some respects (even though I rarely agree with BBDE) he is correct in his assessment of this change. The older posters are mostly not interested in making new friends (at least not their primary interest) they are here for the 3a football. However, as is evident in the all of the myspace and other similar places, it is important to the younger posters (and yes there is a difference in the older folks and the younger ones and it is not maturity).

So I think Matt328 needs to decide if this is a 3a board or is it what it has become because it will not be both.

All-American

I think it can be both...its been both for quite a while now....and some of the older folks are interested in meeting up etc...but you make valid points Centex...heck I am one of the younger posters and I haven't met hardly anyone on here..LOL

I think this board can serve both purposes for the most part..I do feel bad that I don't do what I once did on the site though....

Originally posted by CenTexSports
    The older posters are mostly not interested in making new friends (at least not their primary interest) they are here for the 3a football. .
    WOW!! That doesn't sound like me AT ALL!!

To date, I think I have met 81 or 82 people from this board! I sometimes talk football though!!

All-American

RM, I did not say that all older posters didn't want to meet others. I am sure there are some. But if I am not mistaken, all of the M&G's and t-shirt signing started after Matt328 took on less of a role in the forum.

All-American

you would be correct sir....for those of you who don't remember we used to have a GREAT site with tons of info, games of the week, previews district pages etc....it was IMO the best HS Site around...but hey I'm biased

All-American
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by Matthew328
    you would be correct sir....for those of you who don't remember we used to have a GREAT site with tons of info, games of the week, previews district pages etc....it was IMO the best HS Site around...but hey I'm biased
    I still think that its the best HS site around
    Go Necks! // Women's college basketball writer for Dave Campbell's Texas Basketball // Twitter: @juscarts

All-American

I AGREE 100%!!
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

We should get that back.

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

Blog Entries

I think it can be both...its been both for quite a while now....and some of the older folks are interested in meeting up etc...but you make valid points Centex...heck I am one of the younger posters and I haven't met hardly anyone on here..LOL

I think this board can serve both purposes for the most part..I do feel bad that I don't do what I once did on the site though....
    Originally posted by Rocket
    I say more dumb things than you...
    Thanks Rocket, truer words were never spoken!!

Originally posted by Emerson1
    We should get that back.
    It's in the works, I believe!