41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Orange Grove

24 58.54%
  • Aransas Pass

17 41.46%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Default Region IV Game of the Week (7): Orange Grove @ Aransas Pass

Orange Grove Bulldogs will be in Aransas Pass this week playing the Panthers, in the district 30-3A match-up.

The Bulldogs are sitting at 6-0 (1-0 dist). Can they stay focused and not stay on the "we beat Sinton" high ( )?

The Panthers are 3-3 (0-1 dist) and just lost a tough one to Ingleside. Can they come out fired up enough to pull off the win?

Thoughts? Predictions?
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Well that "we beat Sinton high" sure is tough to overcome just ask Robstown.

This should be a pretty good game. I've been hearing all season how AP has a pretty impressive team and they are young. This could go either way depending on which team shows up.

Go Panthers

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

stxfootballfan

Im going for the Panthers on this one! Panthers are very good on defense, Offense needs to have better drives to help keep defense fresh in second half.

All-American

AP has got some young quality players and I think they are going to give OG fits. I predict another close game with the winner having the least mistakes. I am rootin for ya AP.

I'm going the other way on this one. No one seems to give Orange Grove any credit. Even the Sinton fans on here were blaming their loss to OG all on the referees. If they're 6-0, they must be doing something right.

Besides, OG has little or no representation on the Downlow as it is anyway. Think I'll help them out a bit.

GO BULLDOGS!

"If I have one, I'll have 13"---Blake Shelton

All-American

Traitor! j/k

Not sure about this game. I'm not really sure if Sinton is really having a down year, or Orange Grove is actually doing well.

Also take into consideration OG's pretty weak non-district schedule.

Is there any info on Aransas Pass? I will hold my vote until I get some info on Aransas Pass.

All-District

Coach Brent Kornegay of Orange Grove is a former Yoakum coach so he knows how to win and get a lot of results out of a little talent.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Originally posted by Bull Butter
    I'm going the other way on this one. No one seems to give Orange Grove any credit. Even the Sinton fans on here were blaming their loss to OG all on the referees. If they're 6-0, they must be doing something right.

Besides, OG has little or no representation on the Downlow as it is anyway. Think I'll help them out a bit.

GO BULLDOGS!
    HEY! This Sinton fan isn't blaming the refs!! I said that OG beat us plain & simple. No excuses out of me.

Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas

Not sure about this game. I'm not really sure if Sinton is really having a down year, or Orange Grove is actually doing well.

I honestly think it is a combination of both.

stxfootballfan

Orange Grove
    9/1 Banquete W35-0
    9/8 Taft W56-27
    9/22 Hebbronville W47-0
    9/29 Falfurrias W44-7
    10/6 Goliad W14-6
    10/13 Sinton W16-10

Aransas Pass
    9/1 San Diego W39-0
    9/8 Rockport-Fulton L6-44
    9/15 Bishop W24-14
    9/22 Skidmore-Tynan L14-20
    9/29 Goliad W27-7
    10/13 Ingleside L12-38

All-American

Originally posted by Bull Butter

GO BULLDOGS!
    They defninitely are the team to beat, but if you look at there scores against some of there better opponents the game could have gone either way. For instance
    Goliad lost 14-6
    Sinton lost 16-10
    in each case a touchdown by the opposing team would have resulted in a win. This is not to say that they are not a good team its just that against some of the better teams they aren't dominating by a lot of points.

JakefootballGOD

Default OG!!!

the og is coming to town this friday there AP, not gonna be pretty for the panthers sorry guys...OG is the real deal!

All-American

Default Re: OG!!!

Originally posted by JakefootballGOD
    the og is coming to town this friday there AP, not gonna be pretty for the panthers sorry guys...OG is the real deal!
    So do we finally have an OG poster on the board?

Default Re: OG!!!

Originally posted by JakefootballGOD
    Welcome to the 3a downlow Good luck against AP. AP is the real deal also, and Mathis and Sinton and Ingleside and West Oso. All the teams are real and thats why they play the games