Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    All-American

Default We Must Maintain World Peace

EVEN IF IT MEANS GOING TO WAR TO GET IT!!!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American
    Blog Entries

war is never the answer
    least expect
    peace prevails
    phil
    for once i must disagree
    i promise this is the last time
    war is no good
    peace rises up
    war is unnessesary
    Go Necks! // Women's college basketball writer for Dave Campbell's Texas Basketball // Twitter: @juscarts

All-American

Originally posted by carter08
    war is never the answer
    least expect
    peace prevails
    phil
    for once i must disagree
    war is no good
    peace rises up
    war is unnessesary
    Are you drinking age?

All-American

war is never the answer
    least expect
    peace prevails
    phil
    for once i must disagree
    war is no good
    peace rises up
    war is unnessesary
    War is an awful thing but enslavement and tyranny are worse. If we must fight to remain free than so be it. You are a free man because others have made the supreme sacrifice. Honor them.

Bandera YaYa

war is never the answer
    least expect
    peace prevails
    phil
    for once i must disagree
    war is no good
    peace rises up
    war is unnessesary
    Ok, K-Fed...what's YOUR solution .............

All-American

"War is good for business." — Dick Cheney and fellow shareholders of Halliburton

All-American

war is never the answer
    least expect
    peace prevails
    phil
    for once i must disagree
    war is no good
    peace rises up
    war is unnessesary
    I wished you were right.

Unfortunately, there are always people out there who will take as much as they can, no matter how much it hurts others, and will do it as long as no one will rise up and say "Stop!" Usually it takes force to make someone stop taking things that don't belong to them and to stop hurting other people. Who is going to step up and say "You are not going to do that anymore!"

It's a shame. But it is why we have laws and why we have prisons and why we have war.

All-American

To say war is unnecessary is like saying that police are unnecessay because people will behave themselves without rules. It is not sad or anything else, it is just a fact of life. People will be people and countrys will be governed by them. There will always be a need for rules and they will have to be enforced.

All-American BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END's Avatar

If we are attacked, then yes, we must fight to maintain our rights.

If you think that we should go fight for the rights of others when they are unwilling to fight themselves, go buy yourself a gun and get over there and take care of it yourself instead of condemning the lives of our troops for your personal beliefs. This is to nobody in particular, but everyone in general.
    Official F.A.N.T.O.M. Liaison to Big XII Football, In Charge of Heavy Lifting

I Can Crush You Mentally and Physically

Tell that to British Prime Minister Chamberlain as he watched Hitler and the Nazis overrun Europe while he appeased and pursued "peace".

Tell that to the people of Poland as the Blitzkrieg ripped their country to shreds and Britain, France and the U.S. pusued "peace".

Tell that to the 6 million Jews who were gassed and incinerated while the world pursued a peaceful solution.

Tell that to the people of Somalia when a rival tribes machettied their wives and children just because they were of a different tribe.

Tell that to the familyof those in the World Trade Center who will never see their husbands, wives, or children again because they simple "lived in America".

I love peace and avoid conflict as much as the next person. However, there are people in this world who are evil or are influenced by those who are evil and they don't understand reason, they don't share your love of human life, they don't share your "live and let live" philosophy and they would love nothing more than to see you dead, your family dead and the country that I assume you hold dear destroyed. Now we can debate how the pursuit of our own self interests at the expense of others has gotten us to this point all that you want and I would agree with you on many points. However, the fact remains that the radical extremist that we are dealing with have used poverty and percieved injustice by the U.S. to whip up anti-american/anti-jewish sentiments to justify their "Holy War". Their leaders have raped the resources of these countries for years and have become wealthy at the expense of their own people and WE are the ones held responsible. This is EXACTLY what the Nazis did to justify their own land grabs and "ethnic cleansing".

Now we have a choice...we can respond like Chamberlain and try and appease and find a "peaceful" solution which is another way of saying "lets give them what they want so they will leave us alone". The only problem with that solution is that whatever you give them is never enough...they will always want more...because they know that you are weak and will pursue "peace" at all cost. Just like the Nazis did....sound familiar.

or

We can stand firm like Churchill and say enough is enough. We will Never, Never, Never Give up. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. We will stand for freedom and resist tyranny and evil. That is what our President and Tony Blair have tried to do...however, they have not been competent enough and articulate enough to rally the world against the evil that exists. The jury is still out whether the World will see this situation for what it is in time to keep us from plunging into an age of darkness that this generation has never seen before.

war is never the answer
    least expect
    peace prevails
    phil
    for once i must disagree
    war is no good
    peace rises up
    war is unnessesary
    [img][/img]

All-American
    Blog Entries

let me clarify
    I have had time to sleep, so now i actuallly know what I type. A nation should not seek war, but if war finds it there can be but no other options than to respond. But after an effective response, there must be a withdrawal. The war should not engulf other nations because some feel that it should
    Go Necks! // Women's college basketball writer for Dave Campbell's Texas Basketball // Twitter: @juscarts

All-American BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END's Avatar

Originally posted by vet93
    We will stand for freedom and resist tyranny and evil. That is what our President and Tony Blair have tried to do...however, they have not been competent enough and articulate enough to rally the world against the evil that exists. The jury is still out whether the World will see this situation for what it is in time to keep us from plunging into an age of darkness that this generation has never seen before.
    Good post up until here, but you're full of crap when you say that. Been watching Fox News frequently?
    Official F.A.N.T.O.M. Liaison to Big XII Football, In Charge of Heavy Lifting

I Can Crush You Mentally and Physically

All-American
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
    Been watching Fox News frequently?

Sorry to dissapoint...I don't get Fox News...I live out in the country and only get ABC, CBS and NBC...No Satellite either. I really don't know what Fox is saying or who on Fox might be saying it...Notice I commended Bush and Blair for choosing to fight, but I am not happy with the way things have been handled.

Good post up until here, but you're full of crap when you say that. Been watching Fox News frequently?
    [img][/img]

JJ7997

If we are attacked, then yes, we must fight to maintain our rights.

If you think that we should go fight for the rights of others when they are unwilling to fight themselves, go buy yourself a gun and get over there and take care of it yourself instead of condemning the lives of our troops for your personal beliefs. This is to nobody in particular, but everyone in general.
    I've been " there " and know what your talking about. There comes a time when having troops deployed in a country begins to contribute to the problem, rather than being a solution . That is whats going on right now. Too many blind " patriots" out there who think this war should drag on indefinitely solely for the purpose of our governments incompetance. Ok, I want to quit being political now, the very word is disgusting !