55. You may not vote on this poll
  • WO-S

42 76.36%
  • Silsbee

13 23.64%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Default Region III Game of the Week (7): West Orange-Stark @ Silsbee

West Orange-Stark Mustangs travel to Silsbee to take on the Tigers in this battle for the district 21-3A lead.

WO-S comes into the game with 6-0 record and is ranked # 4 on the Associated Press poll.

Silsbee has a 5-1 record, with their only loss coming to 4A Port Neches-Grove.

Thoughts? Predictions?
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

tigerdad

should be a barnburner it may come down to has the ball last !!!! everybody think WOS is gonna blow them out BUT i guess we will just have to see friday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starter

West Orange-Stark: 0 district losses since dropping to 3A.

Silsbee: 1 district loss since dropping to 3A.

Should be a good game.

All-American

WO-S's offense AND defense are too much for Silsbee. Yes, the rivalry kind of levels this lopsided power a bit, but not enough. WO-S by at least 21.

Great Choice! Now this is a GOTW.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

All-District

WOS 42
    Silsbee 14

I'm actually pretty surprised this is the game of the week for the entire region. No doubt, this will be a good game, though. Silsbee's a solid team and will almost certainly be in the D1 playoffs when all is said and done. I watched them against PNG a few weeks ago, and they looked pretty good. They have very large lines, some talented skill players, a QB who can make a lot of big plays, and a very strong PK -- he nailed a FG from 52 yards out against PNG, and it had plenty of distance.

It's Silsbee's homecoming, so the atmosphere is going to be super intense for this game. They have looked less than stellar in a few games, but looked awesome in other ones. I know they are going to give a great effort against WOS, and it's certainly going to be a battle for both teams.
    Mighty Mustangs, Go! Fight! Win!

Originally posted by GS#17
    I'm actually pretty surprised this is the game of the week for the entire region. No doubt, this will be a good game, though. Silsbee's a solid team and will almost certainly be in the D1 playoffs when all is said and done. I watched them against PNG a few weeks ago, and they looked pretty good. They have very large lines, some talented skill players, a QB who can make a lot of big plays, and a very strong PK -- he nailed a FG from 52 yards out against PNG, and it had plenty of distance.

It's Silsbee's homecoming, so the atmosphere is going to be super intense for this game. They have looked less than stellar in a few games, but looked awesome in other ones. I know they are going to give a great effort against WOS, and it's certainly going to be a battle for both teams.

It will be for the district championship of a district that has teams in it that have made at least the semi-finals for the last 4 years in 3A. Which means our district has won the region (at least one bracket of it) all of those years. Big game, and should tell us all just how good Silsbee is going to be this year (and whether or not WO-S is as dominate as many of us think they are).

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Originally posted by GS#17
    I'm actually pretty surprised this is the game of the week for the entire region.
    It was time. Besides, two teams with 3-0 district records so far....how much better does it get?
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

All-American

WO-S
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

tigerdad

silsbee by 14

All-American

Originally posted by tigerdad
    silsbee by 14
    HOMER!
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

WO-S 89

silsbee by 14

Did you mean to say that Silsbee will at lease score 14 points.

All-District

silsbee by 14
    Wow.....man, now that is stretching it. I could see being a homer by 3 but do you really think Silsbee is 2 touchdowns better than WOS?

All-District

Originally posted by Paratrooper
    Wow.....man, now that is stretching it. I could see being a homer by 3 but do you really think Silsbee is 2 touchdowns better than WOS?
    Oh, by the way, forgive me Lord for defending WOS on this.