Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default Congratulation Aggies(Big question too)...

I just love it when any Texas team beats a previously undefeated team. Kudos to you guys. I listened to the whole game and I'm glad I did. I wish I had set my DVR to record it but oh well. If Texas A&M plays like this the rest of the season, they will meet expectations, and who knows maybe Coach Fran won't be fired?
    Question here is:
    If A&M finishes with one more loss the rest of the season, should Fran be fired?
    Last edited by SintonFan; 10-15-2006 at 09:40 PM.

MagicMan

if the aggies run the table and win the big 12 title, will they be playing in the NC game?

Originally posted by MagicMan
    if the aggies run the table and win the big 12 title, will they be playing in the NC game?
    Nope and I dont believe they should either

All-American

No way for that to happen, but that's not the question anyway.

ya

when hell freezes over!!!!!!!!!!

YBS

Well, after Satan is done with his zamboni I would think that Fran would still have his job. I can't say whether that's the right thing for the program long-term but I think it'd be hard to find a really good coach if you fire Fran after a 10-2 season unless you already had a good coach lined up.

Should he?

Definitely.

Will he?

Nope.

If they run the table and beat an extremely tough UT squad, they'll have a shot at a NC, but a long one. Auburn, Florida, and all those other one-loss teams would have to lose again, and A&M would have to somehow convince the voters that they belong there.

I honestly don't see that happening, but I do see them beating Nebraska and finishing 9-3. I don't know what OU is going to look like without Adrian Peterson, but if Allen Patrick turns out to be the next good RB out of Norman, they could still give A&M a run. If not, OU still has a lot of talent back there, just nobody that will make the Sooner nation forget about AD.

A Cotton Bowl appearance isn't out of the question, but I realistically see A&M going 8-4 (losses to Baylor, UT, and OU) and winding up in either the Sun or Alamo Bowl, depending on how OU, Tech, and Mizzou do.
    Last edited by big daddy russ; 10-15-2006 at 10:59 PM.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

AggieJohn

Originally posted by big daddy russ
    Should he?

Definitely.

Will he?

Nope.

If they run the table and beat an extremely tough UT squad, they'll have a shot at a NC, but a long one. Auburn, Florida, and all those other one-loss teams would have to lose again, and A&M would have to somehow convince the voters that they belong there.

I honestly don't see that happening, but I do see them beating Nebraska and finishing 9-3. I don't know what OU is going to look like without Adrian Peterson, but if Allen Patrick turns out to be the next good RB out of Norman, they could still give A&M a run. If not, OU still has a lot of talent back there, just nobody that will make the Sooner nation forget about AD.

A Cotton Bowl appearance isn't out of the question, but I realistically see A&M going 8-4 (losses to Baylor, UT, and OU) and winding up in either the Sun or Alamo Bowl, depending on how OU, Tech, and Mizzou do.
    i see cotton bowl in our future, we'll lose to texas and that should be it. I don't see A&M losing to Baylor, OSU. I think they play Nebraska pretty well, especially since 9/10's of that nebraska team has never been to Kyle. Defense is the most trendy part of the aggies game right now and they are rolling hard. I think that the Mizzou game will be looked at as the "turning" point game when we look back at this season. Much like the Clemson game in '04 for that squad

Bulldog_12

As long as that one more loss is not in the next two weeks, he is here.

bulldogman06

I hate Fran right now, and even if he won out id still probably hate him but I would be happy. I dont think his system works that well for us

*** Ejected Player ***

I don't know about calling the Mizzou game a turning point. I want Aggsy to win out and get better and keep Fran and all that, but beating Mizzou doesn't really prove ATM is going to run the table.

I know this is going to seem like me just trying to diss the Ags, but it isn't. Mizzou beat a bunch of nobodies (just like Texas) and then played the Red Raiders who turned out to be guess what? Nobody special (20+ point loss to the Buffs?!?! Ack!). They also played ATM very tough and if they'd held on to the ball (specifically when jogging into the endzone) they would have won that game Saturday. Also some horrid coaching decisions there by Mizzou. A fake field goal or punt or w/e after a delay of game penalty????

However, I do think they have a nice shot at 10-2. Oklahoma losing Peterson just made everyone else in the Big 12 a LOT better, and the conference is down as a whole. If they can beat OU and get past Baylor they'll help out the Horns a lot when we should beat them at home in the season finale. I also don't see any way they can justify getting rid of Fran now. Granted 4 of their wins are utter BS, but Mizzou (undeservedly or not) was ranked in the Top 20. The Ags would have to completely tank the rest of the season for Fran to lose his job, which means he stays and it will ultimately hold the Ags program down in the long run.

Originally posted by AggieJohn
    i see cotton bowl in our future, we'll lose to texas and that should be it. I don't see A&M losing to Baylor, OSU. I think they play Nebraska pretty well, especially since 9/10's of that nebraska team has never been to Kyle. Defense is the most trendy part of the aggies game right now and they are rolling hard. I think that the Mizzou game will be looked at as the "turning" point game when we look back at this season. Much like the Clemson game in '04 for that squad
    John, I hate to be the Devil's advocate in this one but the only reason A&M's defense "held" Mizzou to 19 was because the offense didn't let them have the ball. The Ags' pass coverage was horrible, the offense just managed to hang onto the ball for over 41 minutes vs. 18 for Mizzou.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

AggieJohn

Originally posted by big daddy russ
    John, I hate to be the Devil's advocate in this one but the only reason A&M's defense "held" Mizzou to 19 was because the offense didn't let them have the ball. The Ags' pass coverage was horrible, the offense just managed to hang onto the ball for over 41 minutes vs. 18 for Mizzou.
    i don't think so russ, i know the passing game was getting eat up in the first half, but that was primarily because Darnell had them playing zone, when he switched them too man after that first quarter, it shut off the Tigers O. I mean the defense held them to 1/8 on 3rd down conversions and 1/3 on fourth down conversions.

All-American

Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
    I don't know about calling the Mizzou game a turning point. I want Aggsy to win out and get better and keep Fran and all that, but beating Mizzou doesn't really prove ATM is going to run the table.

I know this is going to seem like me just trying to diss the Ags, but it isn't. Mizzou beat a bunch of nobodies (just like Texas) and then played the Red Raiders who turned out to be guess what? Nobody special (20+ point loss to the Buffs?!?! Ack!). They also played ATM very tough and if they'd held on to the ball (specifically when jogging into the endzone) they would have won that game Saturday. Also some horrid coaching decisions there by Mizzou. A fake field goal or punt or w/e after a delay of game penalty????

However, I do think they have a nice shot at 10-2. Oklahoma losing Peterson just made everyone else in the Big 12 a LOT better, and the conference is down as a whole. If they can beat OU and get past Baylor they'll help out the Horns a lot when we should beat them at home in the season finale. I also don't see any way they can justify getting rid of Fran now. Granted 4 of their wins are utter BS, but Mizzou (undeservedly or not) was ranked in the Top 20. The Ags would have to completely tank the rest of the season for Fran to lose his job, which means he stays and it will ultimately hold the Ags program down in the long run.
    Mizzou might not be the turning point I agree, but they I think deserved their top 20 ranking. They did play some decent teams.
    Tech has had the Aggiesnumber for some time, right?
    I posted this thread because I think 10-2 is possible. Hopefully.
    Another question:
    Does this win change your attitude about the Aggies(or Fran)?(don't answer YaYa).
    Even if it's just a bit either way...

SpreadtheRed

Originally posted by AggieJohn
    Kyle Field plays no factor anymore. Nebraska is gonna beat the aggots and Baylor certainly should beat em but we will see about that.