Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American

Default I have just about had enough of this

This is really, really getting annoying and frustrating.

Why do some of you CARE SO MUCH what UT does and if it makes it back to a National Championship game? I just don't understand why it bothers you that much. Can someone PLEASE TELL ME WHY? Enlighten me, please.

It's really shallow that for some of you, the best time in your life is when UT doesn't do something. Or you act as if your life is whole and complete making fun of anything related to The University of Texas.

I really, really, really don't understand why some of you just love to hate on UT and will, at any moments notice, seize the opportunity to point out how Texas is going to/should/or has failed. Can someone here just please, shed some light on why it just makes you giddy inside when UT doesn't get something?

We win the Big 12 and we're going to a BCS bowl. We won a national championship last year. People keep saying that we only won because of a certain person. The overall, and bottom line, however, is that WE WON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Does it matter how it was won?

I have just about had it....

I'm sick of the degrading names, I'm sick of the defaming, I'm sick of the melange of arguments that go back and forth of whether or not our NC was legit, I'm sick of people acting like 3rd graders. No one can have a legit convo about college football without it going to crap. I'm sick of me trying to take up for my school with others degrade it, then certain people call me out for doing it? Why? Do you not see what's going on?

It's sad. It's annoying. And I'm fed up with it.
    Last edited by KTJ; 10-15-2006 at 05:27 PM.
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

No need to take things so personal.

Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
    No need to take things so personal.
    It seems like that is the "status-quo" these days !!

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    It seems like that is the "status-quo" these days !!
    Yeah, just because I said that the Greenwood Rangers were a bunch of classless jerks who cussed us, threw punches, and played dirty the two years I played them doesn't mean Ranger Mom should take it personally! Sheesh!!

Her momma also wears combat boots...

*** Ejected Player ***

I can definitely understand why you are fed up with some of the things people say...but it does take two sides to have a debate/arguement/whining session. If you don't play one side...then nobody would really be playing the other side...well other than AJ that is!

Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
    Yeah, just because I said that the Greenwood Rangers were a bunch of classless jerks who cussed us, threw punches, and played dirty the two years I played them doesn't mean Ranger Mom should take it personally! Sheesh!!

Her momma also wears combat boots...
    I don't take it personally! I wasn't out there playing, so why should I? I don't doubt for a second that what you said is true, I will be the first to admit we had some years where we did have some classless players, why should I try to defend it??

My mother has something wrong with her feet, so she has never been able to wear boots. She had surgery about a month ago though...so maybe her problems will be alleviated!!

Other people are prolly like me and sick of how cocky UT fans and athletes are. They talk and act like they are the only university in Texas, and thats what i'm sick of!

Dang it! I've had enough of this cockyness!

AggieJohn

all of a sudden my "moratorium" until 3 days before the game doesn't sound too bad

Originally posted by AggieJohn
    all of a sudden my "moratorium" until 3 days before the game doesn't sound too bad
    No kiddin. I'm getting a headache just reading all of this junk.
    Born an OWL
    Grew up a PIRATE
    Raised a couple of WILDCATS
    Now raising some new PIRATES

Default Re: I have just about had enough of this

Originally posted by KTJ
    This is really, really getting annoying and frustrating.

Why do some of you CARE SO MUCH what UT does and if it makes it back to a National Championship game? I just don't understand why it bothers you that much. Can someone PLEASE TELL ME WHY? Enlighten me, please.

It's really shallow that for some of you, the best time in your life is when UT doesn't do something. Or you act as if your life is whole and complete making fun of anything related to The University of Texas.

I really, really, really don't understand why some of you just love to hate on UT and will, at any moments notice, seize the opportunity to point out how Texas is going to/should/or has failed. Can someone here just please, shed some light on why it just makes you giddy inside when UT doesn't get something?

We win the Big 12 and we're going to a BCS bowl. We won a national championship last year. People keep saying that we only won because of a certain person. The overall, and bottom line, however, is that WE WON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Does it matter how it was won?

I have just about had it....

I'm sick of the degrading names, I'm sick of the defaming, I'm sick of the melange of arguments that go back and forth of whether or not our NC was legit, I'm sick of people acting like 3rd graders. No one can have a legit convo about college football without it going to crap. I'm sick of me trying to take up for my school with others degrade it, then certain people call me out for doing it? Why? Do you not see what's going on?

It's sad. It's annoying. And I'm fed up with it.
    you sound like your crying about it just because not everyone likes your school...the horn fans on here have been doing to to the aggies just as bad or worse

Bulldog_12

Forgive me if I seem unsympathetic, but I am with Mwynn. This has gone both ways for a LONG time. Some UT posters are just as bad as anybody about degrading a school.

IMO, both sides are equally as bad....it gets tiresome and I predict many thread closings in the very near future if it keeps up!!

*** Ejected Player ***

IMO, both sides are equally as bad....it gets tiresome and I predict many thread closings in the very near future if it keeps up!!
    thank you...

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by Adidas410s
    thank you...
    Swell, then I can start bagging on the Wylie Bulldogs!!

Bulldog_12