Default MY current thoughts on hs football...

Wimberly getting better? I've noticed they start off slow and then get rolling, they back in the mix?

CALHOUN SANDCRABS (4A)??? This is the team I've verbally drug through the ashes ever since leaving that school in 8th grade... I played my 7th grade ball there and have always bashed the system... something is cooking there though... they on a rise?

And last but not least, those gutsy Cuero Gobbler nuttin' up with injuries etc... it's beautiful...

All-American

Gobbla, you can be sure Wimberley is in the mix. We have played 4 top ten teams (by most polls anyway) and won three of them. Two were dominating wins (Liberty Eylau and Abilene Wylie). The loss was to Giddings, as everyone knows. Pretty impressive.

With that said, we know the road to repeat goes through Cuero. Does it still look like Cuero is going D2?

Originally posted by wimbo_pro
    Gobbla, you can be sure Wimberley is in the mix. We have played 4 top ten teams (by most polls anyway) and won three of them. Two were dominating wins (Liberty Eylau and Abilene Wylie). The loss was to Giddings, as everyone knows. Pretty impressive.

With that said, we know the road to repeat goes through Cuero. Does it still look like Cuero is going D2?
    We do not know... Gonzales is the only team in this five-team district that has more students than Cuero, and we really can't say who is making the playoffs... could be D1 or D2....

What about you guys??? Still in district with Bandera?

All-American

Yes, Bandera is the only larger school in our 4 team district. It is almost inconceivable that Bandera wont make the play offs since 3 of the 4 will go and we have Ingram in the district.

Originally posted by wimbo_pro
    Yes, Bandera is the only larger school in our 4 team district. It is almost inconceivable that Bandera wont make the play offs since 3 of the 4 will go and we have Ingram in the district.
    yah, y'all should be D2... we'll see where we end up... stay free of injuries and may your cups runneth over or something biblical like that

All-American

And good luck to the Gobblers too. I read their injuries are many...we have gone through that so far this year, hopefully we are past it now, but you never know. May the football gods look favorably upon your team (to follow up on the biblical theme!).

and it too shall come to pass