Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayers Needed!

Default Prayers Needed!

Progreso Lady Red Ants coach Monica Ybanez

http://www.themonitor.com/SiteProces...rsity,Progreso

How sad. She is so young. I hope she can make some kind of recovery. Will keep her & her family in my prayers. Keep us posted.

That is scary and so sad, I added her to our prayer list here in Cuero. Please keep us updated on how she's doing

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

We will bend our knees and pray here in Celina. God Bless her and her family.

Thoughts and prayers for this young woman, her family and the community of Progreso.

Footballgal, please keep us posted.

justlikesports

Thoughts and prayers from Monahans.

Junior Varsity

Could happen to any one of us. Make the most of every day. Prayers from Texarkana.

Thanks so much gals and guys. I am sure the family will appreciate all the prayers. Be assured I will keep you updated of her progress.

She was doing such a wonderful job, with these group of girls, in Progreso.

That's really sad, she's so young. I'll keep her in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

All-American

Originally posted by justlikesports
    Thoughts and prayers from Monahans.
    And from Sinton too.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

GreenMachine

She's in our prayers.

Default UPDATE

Update:

Originally posted by L0rd Infamous:
    i just talked to her sister and she told me to put this

"MONICA IS DOIN ALOT BETTER WE ARE TAKING IT DAY BY DAY .,.,AND WE EXPECT NOTHING BUT A FULL RECOVERY.ANYONE IS WELCOME TO COME AND VISIT VALLEY BABTIST HOSPITAL SOUTHTOWER 2ND FLOOR .THE POSTIVE THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED."

LUV IBANEZ,GARZA,PEREZ FAMILY

footballgal - thanks for the update!! That is wonderful news. I hope she continues on to a full recovery!!!

Default SIDE NOTE - ON HER TEAM

Lynn Hermosa / Valley Morning Star La Feria’s Magda Rivera digs for a ball against Progreso on Tuesday at the Lady Red Ants gym. The Lionettes won the match in four games and are now one win away from clinching the District 32-3A title.
    http://epaper.valleystar.com/Reposit.../Pc0170700.jpg

Lionettes raid Lady Red Ants as they close in on district title

By JOHN CANNON Mid-Valley Town Crier

PROGRESO
    — The Ant Hill at Progreso was rocking Tuesday night as the Lady Red Ants and the La Feria Lionettes battled it out on the volleyball court.
    In the end, the Lionettes escaped and went on to win 26-24, 25-23, 21-25, and 25-15.
    La Feria improves to 6-0 in District 32-3A and can clinch the district title Saturday as they host Hidalgo, who has only one district loss.
    Progreso has clinched a playoff spot at 3-3 and can still secure a second seed if Hidalgo falls to La Feria Saturday. Also the Lady Red Ants travel to Hidalgo next Tuesday night.
    “Our senior leadership has been the key to our success all season and especially tonight when we needed it,” said Lionettes head coach Rebea Fraga. “Our seniors stayed calm, even when we had our backs against the wall. But, we were able to walk out of here with a win. Now, we have to get ready for Hidalgo.”
    The Lionettes and the Lady Red Ants battled back and forth in the first game and there were seven lead changes. But in the end, La Feria held off a scrappy Progreso team 26-24.
    Progreso built a 20-12 lead in the second game and it seemed that both teams were going to be tied up at 1 apiece.
    But the Lionettes made a massive comeback and went on to defeat the Lady Red Ants on a 13-3 run.
    “That game was the difference-maker tonight,” said Progreso interim head coach Gloria Guerrier, who is taking the place of Monica Ibanez who was hospitalized with a brain aneurysm. “We had their backs against the wall and let them come back.”
    Progreso won game three 25-21 and forced a game four. But, the Lionettes stepped it up in game four and won in decisive fashion.
    Guerrier said she was pleased with the way her team has been able to overcome the adversity of their coach who is in the hospital.
    “Coach Ibanez is always on the girls’ minds, but they continue to play and try to not let it get in the way of what they are trying to accomplish,” said Guerrier. “Tonight we left it all on the court against La Feria. But that has been out goal all year long.”
    “These girls, especially the seniors, had a goal to make it to the playoffs. We knew that La Feria and Hidalgo were going to be tough, but tonight we showed the Lady Red Ant pride. Now, we have to cheer for La Feria to beat Hidalgo.”

Thanks for update!