Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-American

Default Smoking Ban in Beaumont!!!

City Council in Beaumont, Texas voted in favor of a smoking ban in Beaumont a few months ago. The ban became effective today, August 1st. The puishment for getting caught smoking in Beaumont is a $500 fine for the first offense, and they are talking about making the second offense a 30 day jail sentence.

AggieJohn

like smoking period?

In public??

In your front/back yard?

In your house?

pirate44

banning it in the whole city??!!! thats against the law. maybe just in public places?
    theyre trying to extend the ban in Corpus. they already outlawed smoking in restaurants

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    In public??

In your front/back yard?

In your house?
    In the boys' room?
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Like I said in regards to Victoria banning their smoking even in bars... They need to buy the ash trays from these places, need to offer money to bars etc... who cannot afford to compete with bars etc... who already have respectable outside smoking facilities, and need to pay off bars etc... that are locked in shopping centers etc... because they cannot build respectable outside smoking facilities and will lose money to bars etc... that will have them...

My mother has asthma, and I understand people not wanting to smell smoke... BUT, H.E.B. is smoke-free, get off your lazy but and cook some food (not you mom)

pirate44

i hate dirty butts as much as the next person, but banning it seems a little outrageous

Originally posted by pirate44
    i hate dirty butts as much as the next person, but banning it seems a little outrageous
    Of course it is... basically the city is telling the owners of these places that they can't let their friends (customers whatever) smoke at the place THEY OWN...

I understand the health department being able to run things because we have no clue what goes on behind those closed doors... But you know when a place allows smoking or not...

I smoke, yes, but I don't HAVE to smoke when I'm eating, but I DO want to smoke when I'm drinking... but all of that to the side, I don't HAVE to smoke... BUTTTTTTTT, the owners should allow what they will... you do not NEED to go in their place... and if you do, it should be up to the owners as to whether you smell smoke or not...

A guy who owns a place in Victoria doesn't allow smoking at his place at all... But when the ban was proposed he was totally against it... I liked that, because he understands that ownership is being taken away here... Basically they've come into the owner's house and told them how to run their house...

wos fan1

No just in Public places, which includes bars!

*** Ejected Player ***

all you have to do to get around the ban is make your establishment a private club, and in order to eat/buy drinks in there, you have to have a paid membership - you just make the annual fees $1

Originally posted by KindaCool
    all you have to do to get around the ban is make your establishment a private club, and in order to eat/buy drinks in there, you have to have a paid membership - you just make the annual fees $1
    Hmmm...

shankbear

The biggest stink is in the Crockett Street entertainment district. The Dixie and Antones are hit the worse. There is a petition drive going to bring it up on the ballot in November.

Good, people can get cancer in the privacy of their own home.

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

I think it's great!! I'm tired of being exposed to second hand smoke. Maybe this will help people see that by smoking, it's extremely offensive to others.

I just hate city governments telling business owners how to run their business. If you know smoking is allowed in a certain establishment,and you don't like it , then don't patronize that business. Tobacco is a legal product, a heavily taxed product. It's a fine line when cities start telling you how to run your business. If you don't like it, don't work or visit this place. It seems as though the baby boomers have become who they once despised. Personally, I like to smoke when I'm drinking a beer and playing pool after a hards day work. It's rare, and people usually say they didn't know I smoked. But hey, it's usually in a bar; not in the sports section at Wally world. We are adults, no?

GO MEAN GREEN!!