Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast
    *** Ejected Player ***

Default 3A Downlow Pick'em Game...2006 Edition

OVERVIEW

- Teams can be 4-6 members. The "catch" is that you must have 1 poster from each region (either by residence or school affiliation) on your team. If unable to meet this requirement, you can appeal to me and Russ (the "league admins") to have your team approved or we can help you find somebody from another region to join your roster. If you want to have a team with less than 4 players...that will also be OK'd by Russ and me...just let us know in advance please.
    - It would be nice to have people from different regions on the same teams so that you can “get to know” people from other areas of Texas. Plus, they might have more knowledge of a particular region than you would.

STRUCTURE

- Teams will pick 5 games each week. The first 4 games will be the "Region 1/2/3/4 GOW (as provided by LHPM)" and the 5th a wild card game of your choice. That game must involve at least 1 Top 25 team from Matt's list. You may earn additional points if your wild card game includes two teams from Matt’s Top 25 playing against each other.

An example of picks would look like this:

Region 1: Snyder 31 Monahans 28
    Region 2: Gilmer 38 Celina 31
    Region 3: Liberty Hill 28 Hutto 10
    Region 4: Ingleside 35 Sinton 31
    Wild Card: Wimberley 27 Abilene Wylie 14

SCORING:

1 pt for a correct pick
    2 pts for a correct wild card pick
    3 pts for a correct wild card pick if both teams are from Matt's Top 25
    4 pts for an exact score pick of any game.
    5 pts for an exact score wild card game pick if both teams are from Matt’s Top 25

If your picks are turned in AFTER the deadline...you will receive a 3 pt deduction off of your total score for the week. If the deduction puts your total score below 0, then you will be given 0 points instead of a negative score.

BONUS: Teams that have members from 4 different regions will receive a ONE-TIME 3 point bonus at the beginning of the season!!! One of the “side purposes” of this game (as I mentioned above) is to promote cohesiveness amongst downlow members across the state.

RESULTS
    - They will be posted weekly (on Sunday or Monday) in the format below:
    Wins…Losses…Win%...pts…% to actual score (i.e you guessed 45 pts scored by both teams...it was 50 ...you were 90% right).
    - Points are the determining factor in who is winning the game.
    - By having points determine the winner, it will "reward" those who played the game since the start since they SHOULD earn more points.

TIEBREAKER(S)
    For a tiebreaker system (if needed) it goes wins...win %...and then % to actual score.

TEAM DEADLINES and OTHER RULES:

- Please have your team members (and nominate a team capitan) turned in to Russ and I before Monday, 5PM, August 28th. Provide us with a name for your team.
    - Your picks will be due each Friday by Noon.
    - If we have a week where a Game of the Week (or your wild card game) is on a Thursday night, you must turn in your picks by 5PM on Thursday.
    - ONLY THE TEAM CAPTAIN CAN TURN IN PICKS AND THE FIRST COMPLETE SUBMISSION WILL BE WHAT WE ACCEPT. Obviously, if a pick is omitted we will contact you to have you include that as well.
    - Please note that you can still signup after the first week but (obviously) you won’t earn any points for that week.
    - Also, if you would rather pick as an individual instead of as a team, you may do so and your results will be posted under your downlow name.

I’m sure there are other things that will come up as we run this game. Remember, this is for fun and (like many other things downlow)...it's a work in progress, not an exact science. I hope everyone enjoys this game. I'm looking forward to it!

DISCLAIMER: This is in no way to be considered a means of gambling or wagering on high school athletics. There will be no exchange of money involved with the participation in this game. Should any such problems arise, inolved members will be punished by downlow administration to the fullest extent that the law allows.

MAJOR rule change
    Last edited by Adidas410s; 08-30-2006 at 03:14 PM.

All-American

Default Re: 3A Downlow Pick'em Game...2006 Edition

Originally posted by Adidas410s
    - Please have your team members (and nominate a team capitan) turned in to Russ and I before Friday, Noon, on September 1st.
    So the game will not start until Week 1?
    Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    kep is always 100% serious. He doesn't joke and doesn't like people who do.

*** Ejected Player ***

Default Re: Re: 3A Downlow Pick'em Game...2006 Edition

Originally posted by kepdawg
    So the game will not start until Week 1?
    Isn't September 1st "zero week?" I didn't pull up a statewide schedule but I saw that Wylie's 1st game is Sept 1st and they always play on Week Zero. Also, the downlow countdown says 32 days to go...

Thumbs up

Sounds like fun.

Default Re: 3A Downlow Pick'em Game...2006 Edition

OVERVIEW

- Teams can be 4-6 members. The "catch" is that you must have 1 poster from each region (either by residence or school affiliation) on your team. If unable to meet this requirement, you can appeal to me and Russ (the "league admins") to have your team approved or we can help you find somebody from another region to join your roster. If you want to have a team with less than 4 players...that will also be OK'd by Russ and me...just let us know in advance please.
    - It would be nice to have people from different regions on the same teams so that you can “get to know” people from other areas of Texas. Plus, they might have more knowledge of a particular region than you would.

STRUCTURE

- Teams will pick 5 games each week. The first 4 games will be the "Region 1/2/3/4 GOW (as provided by LHPM)" and the 5th a wild card game of your choice. That game must involve at least 1 Top 25 team from Matt's list. You may earn additional points if your wild card game includes two teams from Matt’s Top 25 playing against each other.

An example of picks would look like this:

Region 1: Snyder 31 Monahans 28
    Region 2: Gilmer 38 Celina 31
    Region 3: Liberty Hill 28 Hutto 10
    Region 4: Ingleside 35 Sinton 31
    Wild Card: Wimberley 27 Abilene Wylie 14

SCORING:

1 pt for a correct pick
    2 pts for a correct wild card pick
    3 pts for a correct wild card pick if both teams are from Matt's Top 25
    4 pts for an exact score pick of any game.
    5 pts for an exact score wild card game pick if both teams are from Matt’s Top 25

BONUS: Teams that have members from 4 different regions will receive a ONE-TIME 3 point bonus at the beginning of the season!!! One of the “side purposes” of this game (as I mentioned above) is to promote cohesiveness amongst downlow members across the state.

RESULTS
    - They will be posted weekly (on Sunday or Monday) in the format below:
    Wins…Losses…Win%...pts…% to actual score (i.e you guessed 45 pts scored by both teams...it was 50 ...you were 90% right).
    - Points are the determining factor in who is winning the game.
    - By having points determine the winner, it will "reward" those who played the game since the start since they SHOULD earn more points.

TIEBREAKER(S)
    For a tiebreaker system (if needed) it goes wins...win %...and then % to actual score.

TEAM DEADLINES and OTHER RULES:

- Please have your team members (and nominate a team capitan) turned in to Russ and I before Friday, Noon, on September 1st. Provide us with a name for your team.
    - Your picks will be due each Friday by Noon.
    - If we have a week where a Game of the Week (or your wild card game) is on a Thursday night, you must turn in your picks by 5PM on Thursday.
    - ONLY THE TEAM CAPITAN CAN TURN IN PICKS AND THE FIRST COMPLETE SUBMISSION WILL BE WHAT WE ACCEPT. Obviously, if a pick is omitted we will contact you to have you include that as well.
    - Please note that you can still signup after the first week but (obviously) you won’t earn any points for that week.
    - Also, if you would rather pick as an individual instead of as a team, you may do so and your results will be posted under your downlow name.

I’m sure there are other things that will come up as we run this game. Remember, this is for fun and (like many other things downlow)...it's a work in progress, not an exact science. I hope everyone enjoys this game. I'm looking forward to it!

DISCLAIMER: This is in no way to be considered a means of gambling or wagering on high school athletics. There will be no exchange of money involved with the participation in this game. Should any such problems arise, inolved members will be punished by downlow administration to the fullest extent that the law allows.
    I'm in...does anyone want to play with me?

All-American

Default Re: Re: Re: 3A Downlow Pick'em Game...2006 Edition

Isn't September 1st "zero week?" I didn't pull up a statewide schedule but I saw that Wylie's 1st game is Sept 1st and they always play on Week Zero. Also, the downlow countdown says 32 days to go...
    gilmers first game is aug 31st.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American

Default Re: Re: Re: 3A Downlow Pick'em Game...2006 Edition

Yes, September 1 is Week 0. With picks due each Friday by Noon it seems you would want to have all the participant information prior to noon of the first week of the game.

AggieJohn

i will play, PM me if you would like to be included in my team...

*** Ejected Player ***

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 3A Downlow Pick'em Game...2006 Edition

Originally posted by kepdawg
    Yes, September 1 is Week 0. With picks due each Friday by Noon it seems you would want to have all the participant information prior to noon of the first week of the game.
    Yeah. I was just thinking that in the first week they send me team info (or sooner if they wish) along with their first week of picks.

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by lostaussie
    so hopefully LHPM won't make that a "game of the week" since they aren't even playing a Texas team.

And..because of Thursday games that's why I included this little blurb:

Last edited by Adidas410s; 07-31-2006 at 04:36 PM.

Originally posted by lostaussie
    Snyder's is as well.

AggieJohn

and no i'm not from sinton

All-American

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 3A Downlow Pick'em Game...2006 Edition

Yeah. I was just thinking that in the first week they send me team info (or sooner if they wish) along with their first week of picks.
    Okay, but I'd suggest having all the info sooner.

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by AggieJohn
    and no i'm not from sinton
    What Region are you claiming??? Liberty is in region 3 correct? Are they still a 3A school? I'm too lazy to go look it up...

I'll play. THE Region 2

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.