Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who here sells/has sold alcohol liquor???

I have a question...

I go into a speedy stop last night to buy some beer... I've been there before, have been carded there before (quite a few times) and have been carded by the SAME person...

She cards me this time, types in my birthdate, then looks at it again and says "Wait, this is expired... oh, nevermind, I was looking at something else..."

I thought "Okay, whatever"...

Then she asks "Do you have another license?"

I say "No.."

And she says "I will sell this to you this time, but you need to get a new license because this one says you are under 21 until 4-11-04"... then she said something about learning about it at a TABC class or something...

Does this sound right? I mean my license hasn't expired, and I figure they put "Under 21 UNTIL" there for a reason, and it's got my birthday on it three times if you count the actual birthday, the date the license expires AND "under 21 UNTIL" (just missing the lights flashing)...

I have been carded plenty of times over the last two years and three months or whatever it is now and this is the FIRST time I have ever heard of this...

I was nice about it, had a confused look on my face but decided to discuss it with her as I made my way out by saying "That's not just for the new ones is it?" because mine is the older style, she didn't answer right away so I kept walkin' out and she said "No, TABC says" and then she stopped as the other cashier broke her off and was telling her something... hopefully informing her that she didn't know what she was talking about...
    Last edited by Gobbla2001; 07-29-2006 at 12:44 PM.

She is full of snydertigersrul.

I don't have any facts to back this up but, I don't think she
    knows what she's talking about.

All-American

It's because you look 20 gobbla. Drink more beer so you'll look your age.

Originally posted by SintonFan
    It's because you look 20 gobbla. Drink more beer so you'll look your age.
    You know me, I drink all I can, but it isn't working (maybe that's a good thing)...

All-American

Originally posted by Gobbla2001
    You know me, I drink all I can, but it isn't working (maybe that's a good thing)...
    It takes a few years.
    BTW, I got me's a one of those new fangled swimmin pools in my back yard now. We spend all weekend making margaritas, drinking silver bullet and soaking up the rays.

Originally posted by SintonFan
    It takes a few years.
    BTW, I got me's a one of those new fangled swimmin pools in my back yard now. We spend all weekend making margaritas, drinking silver bullet and soaking up the rays.
    I had a swimming pool in the backyard a few days ago, but it's pretty much dry now since the rain stopped...

No sliver bullet though...

Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
    She is full of snydertigersrul.

heh... poor fella...

Um, if its says you're under 21 until 4-07, how are they selling you beer?

Originally posted by Blastoderm55
    Um, if its says you're under 21 until 4-07, how are they selling you beer?
    Um, It meant '04... I just edited it... thanks...

4-11-04...

Ah, it all makes sense now. Yeah, she probably just wanted to see more pictures of you.

Originally posted by Blastoderm55
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Yeah, she probably just wanted to see more pictures of you.
    Ha, that's scary... I don't think I'll go back again...

Sounds like she has a reading comprehension problem. "Under 21 until 4-xx-04", guess she didn't realize that was TWO YEARS ago?

Designed and created by pirate44

All-American

Enjoy it while you can. There will come a time when they won't ask you for an id.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

she wasnt properly informed about the validation of an ID... TABC says that an ID can be valid til the birthdate of said individual. Furthermore, her saying that your ID is invalid is actually the wrong way to go about the situation. TABC states that you should allow a person the utmost respect and allow them to keep their integrity while refusing their sale of alcohol. The way she would have gone about this should have sounded like this...
    "I'm sorry sir, but at this time TABC prevents me from selling alcohol at this time. Would you like a soda or some candy?"

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."

Originally posted by sinton66
    Sounds like she has a reading comprehension problem. "Under 21 until 4-xx-04", guess she didn't realize that was TWO YEARS ago?
    Well she knows it was two years ago, and understands that it IS saying I am 21... she sold me the alcohol after saying "I will sell it to you this time but you need to get another license"... basically she is saying that my license, though it HAS NOT expired, is not valid enough to buy beer because I obtained the license before turning 21...