Thread: Coat & Tie

Tiger Baseball

Unhappy Coat & Tie

OK this is mainly for the middle age population.
    I'm not a coat and tie type of guy. Usually just a nice pair of wrangler and a nice shirt and I'm off to church or what ever I need to go to. But, I had this funeral to go to yesterday. So I thought it would be nice to wear a suit. I have three different ones in my closet, so I get em out and not a one fits. OK I have three pair of dress pants, guess what they don't fit either. So I have to run down town and find something to wear. Thank the lord for the middle age buldge. Just wondering if its just me or others have had this happen.

*** Ejected Player ***

oh it's already started to kick in on me...and I'm only 23! Thank God that I'm still young enough that I can exercise a few times a week...eat somewhat healthier...and drink a lot of water and make somewhat of a dent (5-10 lbs) in the weight catagory. I know those days will soon end though. My older brother works out 5-6 times per week and he said that at 30 it's A LOT harder to keep off the weight than it was at 25.

Tiger Baseball

I believe it to be every 5 years, it just gets a little harder. A Shiner bock here and there doesn't help either.

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
    I believe it to be every 5 years, it just gets a little harder. A Shiner bock here and there doesn't help either.
    true...true...

Starter

You are not alone my friend! At 46 I have a nagging 8 pounds around the belt area that I have accurately and affectionately named "Bud Lite", that just won't go away.

Tiger Baseball

Originally posted by pero chato
    You are not alone my friend! At 46 I have a nagging 8 pounds around the belt area that I have accurately and affectionately named "Bud Lite", that just won't go away.

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by pero chato
    from my Baptist Sunday School teacher???

Women don't gain weight....we just have lapses in our laundry skills and tend to shrink items from time to time!

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
    Women don't gain weight....we just have lapses in our laundry skills and tend to shrink items from time to time!
    ROFL...good one!

Tiger Baseball

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
    Heck I'm going to my cleaners now and ask them what they did to my suits and dress pants.

Adidas, I was a little younger than you when I "caught my first swell." I shot up from about 170 to 190 for a while, then brought it back down to the 175-180 range for a while. Two years ago, I caught my second swell. Between August and December 2004, I went from 175 to about 200. My weight's fluctuated since then, but this past year, I've gone from about 190 to 230.

Tiger, I feel your pain. I have a $600 suit sitting in my closet, bought on a clothing allowance from an old workplace that will probably just sit there for the rest of my life.

I'll drink to getting old and fat.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by big daddy russ
    I'll drink to getting old and fat.
    True...true...

With the Randy Rogers Band in town tonight...that shouldn't be a problem!

My weight has gone from 170 at the start of college to 200 by junior year...then back down to 165 in about 2 months (4+ hrs of tennis 5 days a week in 100 degree heat will do that to ya!)...then back to about 210 by graduation. Now I run between 190-210 depending on the amout of a) fried foods, b) water intake (been drinking a gallon/day the past two weeks...it's made a difference), c) exercise levels, and d) alcohol intake.

Blog Entries

Go to the next size pants, that will do the trick.
    Originally posted by Rocket
    I say more dumb things than you...
    Thanks Rocket, truer words were never spoken!!

Tiger Baseball

Originally posted by DaHop72
    Go to the next size pants, that will do the trick.
    Good one Hop.