Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default The Eiffel Tower of Paris

Below is a picture of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. It was build in 1889 and is considered one of the seven wonders of the world. It coast $1.5 Million Dollars to build and is awesome (in today's dollars it would probably cost about $500M). When the Tour de France riders approach Paris they can see this tower. It is the tallest structure in Paris, France. Awesome indeed isn't it?

Last edited by Phil C; 07-28-2006 at 08:09 AM.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

This is a link that can tell you the history of the Eiffel Tower.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiffel_Tower

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

Another view of the Tower. It has survived two World Wars.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

This is a view from the tower looking over the city. Awesome indeed!

Phil C Cares!

All-American

This is a view of the tower at night from the bottom. Interesting culture study isn't it?

Phil C Cares!

That's also where the French hang the white flag when they surrender.
    CALALLEN WILDCATS

TRADITION NEVER GRADUATES

Phil - what about stuff in the USA ?!?!?

Originally posted by Maroon87
    That's also where the French hang the white flag when they surrender.

great line from Leno last night when talking about the Landis/testosterone thing - he said it was the first evidence of testosterone being found in France

Originally posted by 3afan
    That's what I was wondering.

pirate44

how bout this one?

How about this ???

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/francedefeat.htm

Notice the first sentence..."It only took 6 weeks for the French to
    surrender to the Germans".

"SHOW SOME COMPASSION" people!!!
    Phil is just trying to give yall a little culture here.
    Like yall, I have no respect for the French people of today, but you have to admit, the tower is impressive.
    Thanks for the info Phil!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin, 1759

“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

All-American

Originally posted by 3afan
    Be patient 3a. Remember the Tour de France has just ended so France is in the spotlight. Enjoy the culture.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

Originally posted by STANG RED
    "SHOW SOME COMPASSION" people!!!
    Phil is just trying to give yall a little culture here.
    Like yall, I have no respect for the French people of today, but you have to admit, the tower is impressive.
    Thanks for the info Phil!
    Thank you Stang. I will show some culture located in the USA. Be patient everyone.

Phil C Cares!