Thread: On This Day

BlueBlood

Default On This Day

On This Day

This Day in History

1881: President James A. Garfield, waiting for a train in Washington, D.C., is shot by Charles Guiteau, a frustrated office-seeker. Garfield dies of his wounds on September 19.

1889: To regulate commercial trusts and monopolies, Congress passes the Sherman Antitrust Act, which outlaws any "combination or conspiracy in restraint of trade."

1903: Ed Delahanty, one of the great hitters of baseball's early years, dies at age 35 when he is swept into Niagara Falls after being removed from a train for threatening other passengers.

1937: Pioneer aviator Amelia Earhart and navigator Frederick J. Noonan disappear without a trace in the South Pacific while attempting to fly around the world.

1961: Writer Ernest Hemingway commits suicide in Ketchum, Idaho, at the age of 61.

1964: President Lyndon Johnson signs the Civil Rights Act, which prohibits segregation and discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, or national origin.

Born on This Day

Thurgood Marshall, lawyer and Supreme Court justice (1908)

Patrice Lumumba, Congolese nationalist (1925)

Medgar Evers, civil rights activist (1925)

Hermann Hesse, novelist and poet (1877)

Hans Bethe, physicist (1906)

Wislawa Szymborska, poet (1923)

on this day in history........ July 2, 1955 - my husband was born

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

I forget which year, but on this day Jimmy Hendrix was honorabley discharged from the Army after breaking his ankle on his 26th and final jump from a plane...

Cameron Crazy

44 I love the Gobbler ( turkey)

Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
    44 I love the Gobbler ( turkey)
    thanks,, I snatched it off one of my older boys MySpace.com

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Cameron Crazy

lol nice!