Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    pirate44

Default my morning brush with fame

i was listening to the Jim Lago morning radio program this morning and he was talking with Kinky Friedman. Kinky was in town last night for a fund raiser and this morning he was going to talk with a veterans group, along with Rick Perry. anyway, i had a meeting to go to downtown. as i was passing the City Diner, i noticed he was outside smoking a cigar looking at a newspaper. i honked a few times and when he looked up i gave him thumbs up (thats all i could think of.lol) he gave me thumbs up too. i was sure he would be with an entourage or something. anyway, i missed my turn on Starr street and had to make the block to go to my meeting.

All-American

I really hope he doesn't win.

But the sad part is Rick Perry is probably going to repeat.
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

Junior Varsity

My parents and I have met Kinky (on separate occasions) in Kerrville a few times. He's a very down to earth person. I admire his run for Gov but not sure he's the guy for the job. I don't care for Perry too much either. I may abstain my vote for Gov this year... we'll see.

pirate44

Originally posted by KTJ
    I really hope he doesn't win.

But the sad part is Rick Perry is probably going to repeat.
    i dont think he will win, but i hope he gets a large percentage of the vote. he is running a true grass roots campaign. very non-political and non p.c. i want people to realize that its not a cake walk just because you have an R or a D after your name.

AggieJohn

i don't think he gets it, but i don't want perry back in office, and I'm a registered REPUBLICAN

All-American

Originally posted by RiverRat19
    My parents and I have met Kinky (on separate occasions) in Kerrville a few times. He's a very down to earth person. I admire his run for Gov but not sure he's the guy for the job. I don't care for Perry too much either. I may abstain my vote for Gov this year... we'll see.

The crappy part is this is yet another year which none of the candidates are great.

I know all about Perry, I've heard Chris Bell speak here in Austin and he was horrid, I'm not a fan of Kinky because I don't think he takes this campaign seriously (platform???).

That leaves Keeton-Strayhorn.

All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

Like I've said once before, Kinky seems like one of those guys I wouldn't mind hanging out with... he seems very down to earth etc... and I really like that... but he just hasn't seen serious enough to me...

His official site is kind of a joke... I mean I love my mother, but I don't know if I'd want her as our governer...

Perry? I dunno, hope he's not the best out of all of 'em...

Grandma? May just have to do

AggieJohn

Originally posted by KTJ
    The crappy part is this is yet another year which none of the candidates are great.

I know all about Perry, I've heard Chris Bell speak here in Austin and he was horrid, I'm not a fan of Kinky because I don't think he takes this campaign seriously (platform???).

i like strayhorn and she will likely get my vote, only because she's a former educator and knows how crappy the system is in texas

pirate44

Originally posted by AggieJohn
    i like strayhorn and she will likely get my vote, only because she's a former educator and knows how crappy the system is in texas
    i cant stand her

AggieJohn

Originally posted by pirate44
    i cant stand her
    it doesn't really matter, the govenor is so powerless

i cant stand her
    I hate her commercials man "One Tough Grandma"... okay, my grandma gave me bad spankings I don't want her in office jk

The only one I like I aint votin' for ha...

Originally posted by KTJ

I've actually spoken with all the gubernatorial candidates at one time or another, and Strayhorn (even though she's not perfect) will get my vote. The guy I really wanted in office was Star Locke, but Perry kicked the crap out of him in the primaries.

I'll put in a vote for Strayhorn, but I think this race is down to Kinky and Perry.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

i cant stand her
    I don't care for her much either when it comes time to send in my sales tax check, but she's most likely the best and most qualified candidate.

pirate44

not really

To an extent... they still have to 'power' to call special sessions and light fires under everyone's butts. She won't be afraid to step on a few toes... I like that.

I like Rick Perry as a person, I just don't think he's the right guy for Governor.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO