View Poll Results: Should there be a 3ADL 18+ board??

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 41.67%
  • No

28 58.33%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    *** Ejected Player ***

Default A Motion for 3ADL Change

I know I have already had my daily poll...but this isn't sports-related so it shouldn't be a daily poll.

Would you be in favor of having an 18+ board on the 3ADL? It would require your approval by the mods and the board would only be viewable by those on the approved list...which wouldn't be accessible to the general 3ADL populus.

pirate44

put it in the suggestion box

AggieJohn

i think he did...and i;m for it, i think it would cut down on the number of in season rommies

pirate44

im kind of torn. on one hand, the young ones would be protected, but i have a feeling it would split the board and be the beginning of its end

AggieJohn

Originally posted by pirate44
    im kind of torn. on one hand, the young ones would be protected, but i have a feeling it would split the board and be the beginning of its end
    message boards only die if they don't have a following, most of the following is adults on this board

All-American bullfrog_alumni_02's Avatar

agreed. plus the rommies give us stuff to laugh at. or someone i shoudl say...

*** Ejected Player ***

The other big stipulation that I would suggest is that it be a non-football board. The football discussion would still have to be over here. It would also move a lot of the non-football talk to another forum for those who come here periodically (mainly in-season) and expect to see only football conversations.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

There is no way to verify whether or not someone really is 18+.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    There is no way to verify whether or not someone really is 18+.
    That is why I said it would have to be with mod approval. That way it wouldn't allow somebody to just sign up, punch in their age as 36, and go into that forum. People on here know each other...so you would be able to find out if just about anybody here in 18+.

At the same time...if somebody faked their age to get into that forum...then they are acknowledging that they are ok with the content that they are about to see...who are we to judge their decisions?

pirate44

i dont see this thing as being broke. i kinda like it the way it is, but i wont gripe if its changed. que sera, sera

im for it.....would censoring still take place?
    Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.

F.A.N.T.O.M. Juggernaut

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by DU_stud04
    im for it.....would censoring still take place?
    I would hope so. I am not suggesting that the place turn into a free for all. I'm saying that it allows 1) people to not feel censored by their comments and 2) allows for more "adult content" that is within reason. I'm not suggesting that it turn into a dirty, filthy site by any means. Just a place that allows for more colorful jokes and banter amongst the forum regulars.

All-American

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Adidas410s
    The other big stipulation that I would suggest is that it be a non-football board. The football discussion would still have to be over here. It would also move a lot of the non-football talk to another forum for those who come here periodically (mainly in-season) and expect to see only football conversations. [/Q

I suggested this a long time ago.
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

Originally posted by Adidas410s
    I would hope so. I am not suggesting that the place turn into a free for all. I'm saying that it allows 1) people to not feel censored by their comments and 2) allows for more "adult content" that is within reason. I'm not suggesting that it turn into a dirty, filthy site by any means. Just a place that allows for more colorful jokes and banter amongst the forum regulars.
    cool, that is what i was going for
    Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.

F.A.N.T.O.M. Juggernaut

*** Ejected Player ***

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KTJ
    Originally posted by Adidas410s
    The other big stipulation that I would suggest is that it be a non-football board. The football discussion would still have to be over here. It would also move a lot of the non-football talk to another forum for those who come here periodically (mainly in-season) and expect to see only football conversations. [/Q

I suggested this a long time ago.
    stop whining cuz you aren't gonna get your beer. Heck I think you should have to buy a round for anybody that wasted their time opening that thread!