AggieJohn

Default i dislike the world cup

how can the swiss not have a goal scored against them in any match including a 30 minute overtime in the whole world cup and then get knocked out

SOCCER SUCKS

BTEXDAD

Default Re: i dislike the world cup

Originally posted by AggieJohn
    how can the swiss not have a goal scored against them in any match including a 30 minute overtime in the whole world cup and then get knocked out

SOCCER SUCKS
    Soccer's a good game, but the teams stay so conservative and in such a defensive mode, it's hard to score.
    I know not many on 3adl will be interested, but my feeling is rather than penalty kick shootout when game still tied after the two overtimes, game should continue and the offside rule be waived for remainder of game which will be a sudden death situation.
    The offside rule is what slows down scoring more than anything. However it also gives a team that's not as fast as other a chance to stay in game.

All-American

Default Re: Re: i dislike the world cup

Originally posted by BTEXDAD
    Soccer's a good game, but the teams stay so conservative and in such a defensive mode, it's hard to score.
    I know not many on 3adl will be interested, but my feeling is rather than penalty kick shootout when game still tied after the two overtimes, game should continue and the offside rule be waived for remainder of game which will be a sudden death situation.
    The offside rule is what slows down scoring more than anything. However it also gives a team that's not as fast as other a chance to stay in game.
    Good point BT! I think the offside rule should be done away with. It should be up to the defenders to guard the players and not let them get that advantage. I think it would create even more interest in scoring plus it would actually increase better defensive play and alertness.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

*** Ejected Player ***

Default Re: Re: Re: i dislike the world cup

Originally posted by Phil C
    Good point BT! I think the offside rule should be done away with. It should be up to the defenders to guard the players and not let them get that advantage. I think it would create even more interest in scoring plus it would actually increase better defensive play and alertness.
    plus the US might have beat Italy without the offsides (or in their case a screen...which is NEVER called) rule!

Default Re: Re: Re: i dislike the world cup

Originally posted by Phil C
    Sinton66 had the best suggestion a while back. Maybe they could make the ball pointed on both ends, allow the players to put it under their arm and run with it, and even throw it now and then and make goals count 6 points.

It's not the game that sucks. It is the officiating. Red card after
    red card. All the ticky fouls and yellow cards. All the no calls.

FIFA seriuosly needs to re-evaluate the way they select officials
    before 2010.

Junior Varsity

It is hard to swallow- giving up no goals in regulation- but still losing. Imagine the pitcher who loses a game though he threw a no hitter but through a walk, followed by a fielding error by the 3B and gives up a run off a squeeze bunt or sac fly? Or losing a football game where your defense gives up zero points but the other team runs a interception/fumble or punt/kickoff back for a score. Happens.

Previously I had been very anti-soccer/World Cup on here but I am just against some of the things associated with international (and even domestic) soccer. I think it is a fantastic event and would even consider going to a match or two if it were hosted in the U.S. again.

What I dislike is the flopping, hooliganism, and this year's media's coverage of the U.S. team and how good they supposedly were. In the U.S. it is, and should stay, a niche sport. Nice to watch every 4 years or so and good for young ones to play... I'd bet some of those athletes would have made for hellacious football, basketball or baseball players!

SOCCER SUCKS
    does the world cup still suck?
    Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.

F.A.N.T.O.M. Juggernaut

All-American

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: i dislike the world cup

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    Sinton66 had the best suggestion a while back. Maybe they could make the ball pointed on both ends, allow the players to put it under their arm and run with it, and even throw it now and then and make goals count 6 points.
    lol

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: i dislike the world cup

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    thats terrible, why would they do such a thing???
    Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.

F.A.N.T.O.M. Juggernaut

All-American

gotta score to win

un b weavable

SOCCER SUCKS
    ERRONEOUS!!!