Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rankings

TarponRl3k

Post Rankings

I was just wondering. For the state rankings and Region rankings and all that...will the pre-district games be ignored after the first district game? Or will the pre-dist. still be factored into the rankings?

*** Ejected Player ***

Nope, when it comes to regional and state rankings, games are games. Makes no difference if it's non-district or district.
    J2k

TarponRl3k

Oh, so then FOR EXAMPLE, if one team plays a bunch of tough 4a's and they lose a few and then another team in the same region plays a bunch of schools that hardly even have teams then the one that had the papit's schedule is going to be ranked above the better team no matter what?

TarponRl3k

thats kinda bogus

*** Ejected Player ***

Nope, we take into account the level of competition. For example, if PI goes undefeated in district, but lost to a few teams in non-district, they will not be ranked b/c they havent faced any real competition.
    J2K

TarponRl3k

well what if someone goes like 6-3 in district but they won all of their pre district games even though they played teams that dont even know how to put on their helmets?

*** Ejected Player ***

Isn't it kinda lame to ask such a question? I mean, duh. Like those who make the poll aren't going to take into account who you played. That only works if you at the University of Miami and beat Podunk Jr. High School for the Blind 113-0. In that case, you go STRAIGHT TO NUMBER ONE!

TarponRl3k

well then i must ask why rio hondo is ranked above port isabel. you'll see what im talking about after the PI vs RH game and THEN you'll be doin some wonderin as to why they are ranked above PI

Originally posted by TarponRl3k:
    well what if someone goes like 6-3 in district but they won all of their pre district games even though they played teams that dont even know how to put on their helmets?
    R13, they couldn't go 6-3 in district. There's only 10 games in the regular season. What Jacket was saying is that if PI beat everybody in their district, but lost to UNRANKED teams in pre-district, they still probably wouldn't be ranked very high. Level of competition is subjective, but it does figure in to all of the polls. On the other hand, if PI won district, and beat some teams like Calallen or Gregory-Portland in pre-district, they would get ranked higher.

Designed and created by pirate44

R13, I am confused myself!!

Okay 66, if Greenwood loses to Andrews, what does that do to us in the rankings??

Andrews is 4A, right? If you play up a class and lose to a strong team in that class, it probably won't change much, unless you get blown out.(and you're NOT going to). Some of it depends on how you do against the pollsters predicted spread. In this case, Data Poll has you picked by +4. If you beat that spread and played up a class, you could move up a notch on that particular poll. On the AP poll, who knows? That's done by a bunch of sportswriters with big egos.

Okey Dokey!!

I hope you are right and it's not a blow-out. For some reason, I am really worried about this game!!

I guess talking to all those Andrews fans on another site has made me nervous!!

I look for the Rangers to pull this one out. It should be a close game. By the way, while looking at Data Poll, you guys took a big jump this week. Yall were down around 18 last week on the top 50, and you are #8 this week!

WOW, first Matthew's top 20 and now the data poll. I hope those "Rangers" stay off the computer!!

Awwww, don't worry about it, those West Texas boys don't get big heads.