Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Snyder vs. Decatur

I just went and checked the score, Snyder is up 1-0 in the top of the 4th.

mrescape43

Decatur coming to bat in bottom 4th. Snyder 1-0 on home run by Cale Lancaster. Snyder has 1 hr, 2 doubles and a single. Decatur no hits to this point.

mrescape43

Top 6th inning.

Snyder 1

Decatur 0

Still 1-0 going into the top of the 6th.

NOOO....2-0 going into the bottom of the 7th and Decatur comes back, final 3-2 Decatur. Still have 2 games in Snyder.

mrescape43

Lance made the error to start the inning and I think he lost focus. He was coasting before this incident.

All-American

Man, what a tough game. But you make a good point Snyder_TigerFan, the next two are at home.

Cameron Crazy

Yeah way to go Eagles!!!!

All-American

Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
    NOOO....2-0 going into the bottom of the 7th and Decatur comes back, final 3-2 Decatur. Still have 2 games in Snyder.
    So what happened?
    I left this game in the top of the 5th.....

mrescape43

Originally posted by VWG
    So what happened?
    I left this game in the top of the 5th.....
    Decatur had 1 hit going into bottom 7th.

Lead off batter bounced one back to Pitcher and Lance bounced it to 1st baseman who couldn't handle it. Next batter hit a home run to tie game at 2. Next 3 batters hit singles to score winning run. I couldn't believe it. I think it was the #9 batter who hit the home run.

All-American

But the HR that was hit by Snyder's second baseman... wasn't he about their 5th or 6th batter as well? I think it was there second baseman.. #21.
    The other thing that comes into play on Decatur's field, which surprised me. That field is small, only 356 to center, 340 in the alleys, and 311 down LF line.
    Again, I left in the top of the 5th and didn't see the Decatur HR but the Snyder 2B that hit his HR was to center. Kid from Decatur had a play on it but it cleared the fence by about a foot or less.

Originally posted by mrescape43
    Decatur had 1 hit going into bottom 7th.

Lead off batter bounced one back to Pitcher and Lance bounced it to 1st baseman who couldn't handle it. Next batter hit a home run to tie game at 2. Next 3 batters hit singles to score winning run. I couldn't believe it. I think it was the #9 batter who hit the home run.
    Sounds like Lance got a little over anxious. That's a hard loss, but as long as they don't get too discouraged, they'll be alright.

It'll be interesting to find out who will pitch on Saturday. I may actually get to see the games (notice I said games ) on Saturday.

Passages-Malibu recovering from a HS football addiction

Originally posted by VWG
    field is small, only 356 to center, 340 in the alleys, and 311 down LF line.
    Even the newer fields that I have seen go up recently like Graham and Mineral Wells are fairly small compared to what I would like to see. These places lend to more homeruns and less REAL baseball.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. El Presidente
    AKA "El Guapo"
    The greatest dirt waterer to ever live!
    Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Thanks for that one 44!

mrescape43

Originally posted by VWG
    But the HR that was hit by Snyder's second baseman... wasn't he about their 5th or 6th batter as well? I think it was there second baseman.. #21.
    The other thing that comes into play on Decatur's field, which surprised me. That field is small, only 356 to center, 340 in the alleys, and 311 down LF line.
    Again, I left in the top of the 5th and didn't see the Decatur HR but the Snyder 2B that hit his HR was to center. Kid from Decatur had a play on it but it cleared the fence by about a foot or less.
    Both runs by Snyder were on solo home runs.
    #5 hitter Cale Lancaster hit one and #6 hitter Dustin Murdock hit the other. The bottom of the batting order did most of the damage for the Tigers as Snyder had hits by hitters #2,5,6,7,8 and 9 in the batting order. I believe #2 and #8 hitters each had 2 hits. The Tigers left too many on the bases yesterday. Decaturs pitcher was able to get an out when he needed it. He was very good and I believe he had maybe 10 K's. I am looking forward to Saturday to see these two teams go at it again.

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by GreenMonster
    Even the newer fields that I have seen go up recently like Graham and Mineral Wells are fairly small compared to what I would like to see. These places lend to more homeruns and less REAL baseball.
    Then you must be a big fan of Abilene Cooper's field. 350 down the lines...385 to the alleys...400 to center. It's a "man's field" that's for sure!