Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cuero Track

Default Cuero Track

I was at the baseball game and Old Green called with some prelim results and they were just starting the Finals.. He said the field clock showed 39.96 (or something close to that) for Cuero in the Sprint Relay but the actual time was 40. something maybe 41 - couldn't hear that well...... anyway.. he said there was some great races being ran in Sweeny today/tonight.... Can't wait until he's back to give a full report.... He did tell me that Kaeron (Gobber84) won 1st in the Discus. Brandon ran the Sprint and 800 relays and the 200M. Don't know his results..... I would like to ask for prayers for one of the relay runners (Johnson, who's a Freshman) his daddy (41 yrs old) died Weds night. Another runner "tweeked" his hamstring during the sprint relay prelims.

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-District

Somewhat sketchy results. Brandon ran his first 200 of the year. 21.54. Sprint relay was 41.7 something. Avery Shepard ran 14.9 110 hurdles and high jumped 6'-8". Jamelka was right around 39 flat in the 300 IH. 4x200 ran 1:27.4 (new meet record). Kaeron won the discus but didn't know the distance. Winners all of them and I am pretty sure Gobblers won the meet. Mostly 4A and some 5A teams. I think there was 4 - 3A teams out of the 14.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Just curious...but is the 4X200 new or is that typo?

All-District

Girls have always run it. Boys started it three years ago, at least. Boys needed another event when girls started pole vaulting.

Originally posted by crabman
    Girls have always run it. Boys started it three years ago, at least. Boys needed another event when girls started pole vaulting.
    WOW!! I have NEVER heard of it before.

Ahhhh....now I understand!!

It took a PM from someone to set me straight.

I didn't know the 800 relay was called the 4X200 also!!

No wonder I am confused!!

Cuero track there are more threads posted about the Cuero track team then anything.
    Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
    Juwan Howard just fouled Brian Cardinal in the NBA finals?

If that's not a sign that the NBA needs to retract then I don't know what is.

All-District

4 x 2 = 8

4 x 2 = 8

I guess my pina colada packed more punch than I realized!

All-District

Cuero track there are more threads posted about the Cuero track team then anything.
    We are just proud of our boys. I almost forgot to mention that Stefon Hargrove ran 10.54 100 meters and got second to a kid from Angleton who ran 10.43. When you see the size of Stefon it is hard to imagine a kid who can run that fast. Over 6 foot and at least 190 lbs.

In the 3A ranks Cuero has the number 1 times in the state in 3A in the 4x100 relay, 4x200 relay, 200 meters, 100 meters, 300 Intermediate hurdles, and high jump. Things may change a little after this weekend but I would say we have a right to be proud.

All of this is according to texastrack.com and insidetexastrack.com

The real amazing thing is that these times and heights are done by 8 or 9 different kids.

I found this post...and another one on page 4.

Got to page 17 and hadn't run across another one yet and gave up. (of course I may have missed one)!

Didn't find an over abundance of Cuero track threads...but I did run across a page that had a whole slew of appreciation threads!

I almost forgot.. Val aka Old Green said the "Big Man" or whatever you call it Relay was fun to watch.. He was amazed at how blazing fast Kaeron is

We are just proud of our boys. I almost forgot to mention that Stefon Hargrove ran 10.54 100 meters and got second to a kid from Angleton who ran 10.43. When you see the size of Stefon it is hard to imagine a kid who can run that fast. Over 6 foot and at least 190 lbs.
    Isn't Stefon's dad the record holder at several track meets for the 100Meters?
    Last edited by 44INAROW; 03-25-2006 at 12:15 AM.

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-District

How did we do in the weight man relay? It doesn't get any points.

How did we do in the weight man relay? It doesn't get any points.
    I think he said we were in 5th when Kaeron got "the tire" and the team ended up in 2nd....... Didn't Crabman Jr, run that race one year?

All-District

In Yorktown one year. We still have it on tape. Funniest damn thing you have ever seen. Third leg was Ross Nigh (SMU). We didn't win.