All-American

Post Region 3 Reg Qtr-Finals Picks and Thoughts

Jasper (16-16) vs Groesbeck (23-10)
    Jasper impressed with their win over Caldwell last week..the Bulldogs have really stepped up the past couple of weeks..however Groesbeck is really playing well, the Goats have a lot of athleticism and their outside shooting has gotten much better....Matt's pick: Groesbeck

Hardn-Jefferson (30-3) vs Cleveland (22-10)
    Cleveland was quite impressive Saturday night as they rolled past a pretty good Navasota squad...Hardin-Jefferson struggled but got past a pretty good Manor Mustang team...I look for H-J to really pick it up this week and Josh Williams to have a big game...Matt's pick: HARDIN-JEFFERSON

Mexia (27-3) vs Crockett (20-10)
    A 19-3A battle, it is really tough to beat a team 3 times in one year..but Mexia is more than capable of pulling the feat..Crockett won a triller last week over Robinson..I look for Crockett to play Mexia closer than they have the past 2 games..but in the end the Blackats have a little too much..Matt's pick: EVERMAN

Hempstead (27-7) vs Kountze (28-6)
    Wow what a matchup here..Kountze and their stellar guards have been rolling past people at an astounding rate..Hempstead and their big guy haven't been as impressive as Kountze but they have been equally effective..I like Hempstead because of Tyrone Nelson..I don't think Kountze has an answer for him..Matt's pick: HEMPSTEAD

Recap
    Groesbeck
    Hardin-Jefferson
    Mexia
    Hempstead

Bellville22

Again, any info on sites for these games, especially the Hempstead game, should be a good one.

Chris Hart

LOL Matt, Everman is going to beat Wylie,Mexia, and Crockett all in the same round? They are very deserving of that #1 ranking.jk Although I do think you could combine those teams and still have trouble beating Everman. I know you really meant Mexia, just poking fun.

Blackcat03

Mexia plays on Tuesday at 7:30 in Athens at Trinity Junior College I believe. Not for sure though, will find out tomorrow.