All-American

Default Man I remember when we thought Joe Namath hit the jackpot!

That is nothing compared to what many players get just as a signing bonus.
    I remember when he made big news when he was signed by the Jets for $400,000 in the mid 60s. And that was for four years!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

*** Ejected Player ***

Default Re: Man I remember when we thought Joe Namath hit the jackpot!

Originally posted by Phil C
    That is nothing compared to what many players get just as a signing bonus.
    I remember when he made big news when he was signed by the Jets for $400,000 in the mid 60s. And that was for four years!
    That was big money then.

All-American

Default Re: Re: Man I remember when we thought Joe Namath hit the jackpot!

Originally posted by Eagle6Man
    That was big money then.
    That is true. I could go to a Burger Chef fast food and get a fish sandwich, fries and a mild shake and get enough change back from a dollar bill to get two gallons of gasoline!!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

*** Ejected Player ***

Default Re: Re: Re: Man I remember when we thought Joe Namath hit the jackpot!

That is true. I could go to a Burger Chef fast food and get a fish sandwich, fries and a mild shake and get enough change back from a dollar bill to get two gallons of gasoline!!
    That's not a stretch. I remember gas at .25 a gallon!

I also remember my first new car. A 1972 Olds Cutlass. 3500.00
    Brand new!

I remember when Diamond Shamrock in San Antonio would start gas wars selling gas at .19 a gallon AND giving out free glasses!.

Designed and created by pirate44

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by sinton66
    I remember when Diamond Shamrock in San Antonio would start gas wars selling gas at .19 a gallon AND giving out free glasses!.
    LOL, and didn't they give those goofy Green Stamps too? Put those dang stamps in a book, and turn in like 50 books for a toaster or some such?

*** Ejected Player ***

Wow Sinton...it gives me great pleasure to say "I didn't know you were that old".

Blog Entries

Default Re: Re: Re: Man I remember when we thought Joe Namath hit the jackpot!

You bet, the .99 hamburger.
    Originally posted by Rocket
    I say more dumb things than you...
    Thanks Rocket, truer words were never spoken!!