Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sealy?

CtownAggie

Question Sealy?

What's the deal with Sealy? They beat defending state champ La Grange, but lose to Bellville the previous week. Is Bellville that good or did Sealy just take advantage of a weaker La Grange team? I just want to know what Cuero should expect from Sealy this Friday.

Starter

SEALY LOOKS VERY GOOD. THEY HAVE GOOD SIZE AND VERY GOOD SPEED.THEY WERE QUICKER THAN LAGRANGE AND THAT WAS THE DIFFERENCE. LAGRANGE DID HAVE 3 TURNOVERS BUT ON THAT NITE SEALY WAS THE BETTER TEAM.
    THIS WILL BE CUERO'S TOUGHEST GAME SO FAR AND THIS SHOULD BE A VERY GOOD GAME.

Starter

ONE MORE COMMENT. A SEALY FAN TOLD ME THAT AGAINST BELLVILLE THEY HAD TROUBLE WITH SPECIAL TEAMS AND THAT WAS THE DIFFERENCE. NO SPECIAL TEAM PROBLEMS WHEN THEY PLAYED LAGRANGE

jykoy

Bellville is actually just that good! Trust me, they know how to win coming off of two straight years in the playoffs; first with Jack Wallace running the show and then last year with Koy/Eagan/Hardin/Houston combo. This year, they know how to win and will defeat anyone in their way. Keep your eye's peeled.

bros543

i think bellville still beats sealy if they play today, but maybe the game should have been closer..the seal/bellville rivalry is BACK in full speed, expect big games in the future..EXCITing

bros543

also, i've talked to sealy fans, they grumbled about their coaches, this underlines what said on another post, that Tj mills was the difference in a few of the tiger vicories in the past

raiderman02

if sealy is such a good team why did they lose to sweeny. and how dose everyone feel about sealy and rice in two weeks and who is the fav.

bros543

Exclamation

i think sealy now loses its pride, after its second loss this season, i think rice , big

jykoy

Rice, big. Sealy just lost their pride.

bros543

umm, after watching rice tonight, Rice, really big....WOW rice won 69 - 8 tonight, i hate to see the losses now start to snowball for sealy. but our schedule is not getting easier!

[This message has been edited by bros543 (edited October 27, 2001).]

kegger

i think that bellville beat sealy this year because they were overconfident and lacked the tool that bellville had. one touchdown was scored in special teams by the fast moving flanker chase kiecke. you cannot blame that loss on special teams. bellville just came more prepared and anxious for a win. expect more bellville defeats in that rivalry in the future.

Junior Varsity

Angry

With three bad snaps on punt attempts, two missed conversions and a touchdown on a punt runback, how can you NOT blame the loss on special teams? BTW, Sealy did not have a single bad snap on a kick in the six games they won after the Bellville game. They had one late in the Sweeny game that led to the winning score for the 'Dogs. In big games, special teams mistakes are magnified in importance.
    Remember - this is still just a game played by kids...

bros543

Cool

wah!! so i guess sealys poor specail teams makes them better than bellville and sweeny?!?

[This message has been edited by bros543 (edited November 01, 2001).]

bros543

Unhappy

comments?!?!

Junior Varsity

Angry

No, you illiterate goober. The point is, Sealy suffered a total breakdown in that area of the Bellville game, leading directly to 16 points (2 TD's and a safety) for the Brahmas and also negative points for Sealy on the conversions they bungled. The post that said you couldn't blame the loss on special teams was ridiculous. Sealy won six straight games after the Bellville debacle including wins over LaGrange, Cuero, and Wharton, all of which ranked above them. During that stretch, they did not screw up on special teams. The next time they did, it cost them the Sweeny game, which was tied at 21 before the bungled punt gave the 'Dogs the ball on Sealy's 19 yard line. Based on the yardage, first downs, etc., the Bellville game looks relatively even on paper if you do not factor in Sealy's total inability to execute punts and/or place kicks. Sealy is good enough to play with just about anybody UNLESS they break down in special teams. They are not good enough to overcome that kind of screwup against GOOD teams, such as Bellville and Sweeny. Had they made those mistakes against LG or Cuero, they would not have beaten them, either. Is that a detailed enough explanation?
    Remember - this is still just a game played by kids...