Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bellville's Schedule?

Football talk around town is Bellville will play, West Columbia, Sealy, Marlin, Barbers Hill, and Lamar Consolated, in pre-district. If anyone has heard any news let us know.
    Bellville will be in 23AAA with Navasota, Giddings, Caldwell, Smithville, and La Grange.
    I would like to know why, when you have Sealy and Columbus within 30 min. drive why the UIL would not put them in the same district?

punt

Seems like I remember I-10 being the dividing line in previous years.

All-American

Bellville vs. West Columbia................could be a good one.

neck_94

They are gonna be GOOD ! ! !
    I hear they bring back 9 offensive and 9 defensive starters...

WHEW ! we will see, as we have them week 1 at their place.

All-American

might have to try and make that one!

Brookshire Royal would also be very close. Bellville will have their 3 neighboring schools not in their district.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

Practice Squad

bellville's keeps having tough time finding teams to play in the preseason looks like quite a tough schued, two 4A schools and Marlin is 2A but they have a hell of a team, and then well Sealy is a rival and west columbia has been good the last few years

Junior Varsity

I think this may have been the result of what happened to the East in Region III. Under the alignment for this year, the eastern art of the Region had three six-team districts, 22, 23 and 24. With two teams from those districts moving up (Barbers Hill and Huffman) and two moving down (Anahuac and Buna) left only 14 of the teams left.

What the UIL did was put the remaining team in two districts, 21 and 22. However, that left the UIL with only 7 districts in Region III. So they had some gerrymandering to do to get 8 districts in Region III again which resulted in some rather awkward looking districts to the west. Can you believe some of the drives that Columbia and Wharton will have to make come district time?
    What do I know? I am just a MORON!!!

Junior Varsity

Default Re: Bellville's Schedule?

Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
    Football talk around town is Bellville will play, West Columbia, Sealy, Marlin, Barbers Hill, and Lamar Consolated, in pre-district. If anyone has heard any news let us know.
    Bellville will be in 23AAA with Navasota, Giddings, Caldwell, Smithville, and La Grange.
    I would like to know why, when you have Sealy and Columbus within 30 min. drive why the UIL would not put them in the same district?
    Any idea of the week for the Marlin game, since we will be coming back to Bellville this year?

Thanks pirate44

I heard that Marlin won't be on the schedule this year.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

Letterman

Originally posted by tortilla_man
    bellville's keeps having tough time finding teams to play in the preseason looks like quite a tough schued, two 4A schools and Marlin is 2A but they have a hell of a team, and then well Sealy is a rival and west columbia has been good the last few years
    Nobody wants to play Bellville.
    Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Never Forget a Friend and
    Trust In God

Heres the new talk today in Bellville, Marlin Backed out, so the way it looks now,

0 Sealy 3a
    1 West Columbia 3a
    2 Barbers Hill 4a
    5 Houston St. Thomas 4a

Word is Bellville has talked to Wimberly for week 3 or 4, but each team will try to find a closer game, if not it looks like a long road trip for a pre-district game. One of these weeks 3 or 4 will be Bellvilles open date.
    Just remember this is talk around town and this could change tomorrow!

*** Ejected Player ***

Default Re: Bellville's Schedule?

Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
    Yes, here is Barbers Hills pre-season line-up (not in this order):

West Orange Stark
    Lumberton
    Bellville
    Wharton
    Jasper

How is that for a pre-season schedule.....man oh man.

Barbers Hill Is 4a.

Did Barbers Hill Graduate many from the football team last year???
    How did BH do last year?