Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-District

Default What Sport Is Your Team More Successful In?

Every year not all teams are in the playoffs in football, So what sport is your school are in the playoffs every year either made a deep playoff run or have State Titles . Volleyball, Cross Country, Tennis, Football, Basketball, Softball, Baseball, Track, or even advance in a different activity such as Drama, Band, Cheerleading(Some schools do advance to Nationals) ,Academic Decathlon, Yearbook, Newspaper
    THE SPIRIT IS NEVERENDING

"I'm sure every school feels like this, but I feel like we get circled because of past success"--Sinton coach Tom Allen

Though Young And Building, The Sinton Pirates Are Still Powerful--Coastal Bend Herald

Baseball or Football close call. Football is supported better, but year in and year Jasper traditionaly has a great baseball team.

Rainman

Barbers Hill is quality in a large number of areas, but the stand-out program is the One-Act Play which has won 3 championship, 3 time First Runner up and, twice the second runner up and has advanced to state for the last 8 or 9 years.

Sports would fall currently to Volleyball who lost last year in the state finals and this year in the regional finals to the eventual state champion.

Rainman

And because I am a Rice Owl it is undoubtedly the Baseball team.

*** Ejected Player ***

Wylie in tennis by far. Has been in the state finals every year in team tennis since 1999 (having lost in the semifinals in 96, 97, and 98) and picked up state titles in 2001, 2003, and 2004. Also have 5 or 6 individual state champs in that time to go along with 9-12 regional qualifiers every year and at least 3 or 4 state qualifiers every year in individuals.
    Last edited by Adidas410s; 11-21-2005 at 12:44 PM.

football4life

Canyon girls basketball. Probably one of the most dominant forces in any sport in recent years. I honestly don't think ive gone to any of the playoff games the last three years, simply because the blowouts were just boring. They might be a little down this year, but they are going for a 4-peat in 3A. They wre pretty darn good in 4A also. The Canyon-Plainview rivalry was one of the best.

yoemenkracker30

well lets see.....Cameron......
    Football- looks to go atleast 2 or 3 rounds deep every year

Volleyball- always a playoff contender

Cross Country- has had atleast 1 person go to the state meet since way back when....

Baseball-been picking it up lately with some good playoff appearences

UIL Accounting-One of the best programs in the state

UIL Debate-One of the best around

Excellent FFA program as well

canyon is awesome in every sport that i can think of......whooped us last year in the playoffs in girls basketball......wylie tennis is AMAZING!!...i play tennis and it never fails to get whooped by wylie!!

Originally posted by Rainman
    And because I am a Rice Owl it is undoubtedly the Baseball team.
    my freshman year...our pitcher from cleburne went full ride to rice......name is dillon gee??? know him??

Forney was the UILs first SLIDE RULE champion - in the 50s I think.
    Last edited by 3afan; 11-21-2005 at 01:29 PM.

spiveyrat

Originally posted by 3afan
    Forney was the UILs first SLIDE RULE champion - in the 50s I think.
    I'll bet there are a LARGE number of people on here who don't know what that is.

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by spiveyrat
    I'll bet there are a LARGE number of people on here who don't know what that is.
    or in my case have NO CLUE what to do with it once you get it in your hands...

All-American

Originally posted by football4life
    Canyon girls basketball. Probably one of the most dominant forces in any sport in recent years. I honestly don't think ive gone to any of the playoff games the last three years, simply because the blowouts were just boring. They might be a little down this year, but they are going for a 4-peat in 3A. They wre pretty darn good in 4A also. The Canyon-Plainview rivalry was one of the best.
    I would definitely say Canyon has one of the best girls b-ball programs in the state, in any classification. You've also got to consider the success they have had in cross-country, baseball, etc....
    Canyon has won the 3A Lone Star Cup like 2 years in a row.

bulldogbark

I remember when the slide rules was the only thing you could use...calculators were a no-no

GreenGobbla

well four out the past five years, them cuero golfers have made it to state, and the year they didnt make it, they got 3rd at regionals missing it by one spot....