Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American

Talking Male Cheer Leaders

When I was in high school during the bronze age, guys wern't worried about their masculinity as much and made really great (and I might add FUNNY!) cheerleaders. They were much more risque than the ladies are nowadays. Sometimes I feel like cheerleaders are so generic nowadays as to be invisible. La Grange had a terrific kid about 7 years ago who really got the crowd into it, but no one has the courage to do that now for fear of being labelled "gay". Too bad for the fans in my opinion.

We played Seminole (I believe that's who it was) last year, and they had a male cheerleader. It may have been at the Jr. High level though. He was able to throw those girls up....high!! I thought it was great. My 14 year old is a self-taught tumbler. He would NEVER even think of being a cheerleader. It most certainly has a stigma to it!!

[This message has been edited by Ranger Mom (edited September 16, 2002).]

eye of the tiger

The school where my wife teaches has 3 male cheerleaders, but mostly all girls now. When I was in HS(also in the bronze age) we had 5 males and 5 females. It was very competitive and like you say, no stigma.

*** Ejected Player ***

I honestly think its not the coolest thing for a guy to do.

Originally posted by qb12:
    I honestly think its not the coolest thing for a guy to do.
    I can't imagine why a quarterback would say a thing like that!

Designed and created by pirate44

ThaRealBulldog

I agree qb12, no one likes to see a male cheerleader on the squad, just the chicks.

It's me.....again!

We have had 3 guys (football players) in the past 2 years that have been given scholarships for cheerleading. They are good, but I understand where qb is coming from, I can't imagine my boys doing that - they are TOO MACHO!!

*** Ejected Player ***

Hahaha...I hope im not offending anyone but this is a football board.

eye of the tiger

Guys think about it. All those pretty girls you get to pick up and do all those fancy things cheerleaders do. That doesnt sound too bad at all. Everybody cant play football and and I glad I did, but it is a way to particapate and there aint nothing wrong with hanging around with pretty girls.

*** Ejected Player ***

If u cant play ootball than just stay home...Dont be feminine....I wood dispise of my son being a cheerleader.

hornet03

I dont think I coulsd stand all the jokes and snickering that go on behind the back of male cheerleaders. Its simple. Football-dudes, Cheeleading-chicks.

All-American

Originally posted by hornet03:
    I dont think I coulsd stand all the jokes and snickering that go on behind the back of male cheerleaders. Its simple. Football-dudes, Cheeleading-chicks.
    That's my point exactly. But what I am saying is that it wasn't always like this. Guys could be cheerleaders and swordsmen at the same time back in the day.

eye of the tiger

Originally posted by qb12:
    If u cant play ootball than just stay home...Dont be feminine....I wood dispise of my son being a cheerleader.
    It isnt feminine to be a male cheerleader. Football players(and I was one proudly are out there playing with guys, male cheerleaders are playing with the girls. I just dont see anything wrong with that. Also Men were the first cheerleaders long before women were. It goes way back.

ThaRealBulldog

I pimp the hot girls, but male cheerleading is something id never do. I dont care how desperate or scrawny or whatever you are. Like hornet said football-guys cheerleading-hot chicks. I see what your sayin eye of the tiger but no.

eye of the tiger

Well I loved playing football. It was a big part of my life. I would have made a lousy cheerleader, but it would have had its benefits. I guess to each his own or something like that.