Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-District

Default If they play.....BC vs Jasper Predictions

Jasper played WOS to a very close game. I really don't think this is a bad Jasper team at all. Their record may not be really good, but they have played some stellar teams. I will predict Bridge City by only 3 points.
    This should be a really good game.

Tough to call because I have no clue about BC...

But since I like Jasper, I'll go with them... you sure can't say they're not battle-tested going into the game...

Chris Hart

I see BC winning this one by 10. If they meet again in the playoffs, it could go the other way.

All-American

Jasper needs a momentum shift going into district and this is their last chance. Jasper wakes up in this game, cuts out the turnovers, and wins by at least 14.
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.

Originally posted by j_dog
    Jasper wakes up in this game, cuts out the turnovers, and wins by at least 14.
    This is why I love the Jasper fans, I see them here every day, still supporting their team and displaying their faith in their Bulldogs...

wish I could say the same for Silsbee... heck, I forget what their mascott is... it's been that long since they've posted...

All-American

Originally posted by Gobbla2001
    [B]This is why I love the Jasper fans, I see them here every day, still supporting their team and displaying their faith in their Bulldogs...
    /B]

All-American

whoops, what i meant to say is yes they do, cause in the long run i think they know what they have.

BC hasn't faced a team of Jasper's caliber, yet, but they are playing good ball and have a ton of confidence. Jasper is great, but hasn't played up to their potential since the PNG game a few weeks ago. If Jasper plays their game, I don't see them dropping this one to BC. BC will play them tough, but Jasper has tremendous team speed, they're playing at home, and they just have a ton of weapons. Should be a good game, but I can't go against Jasper.
    Mighty Mustangs, Go! Fight! Win!

All-American

Originally posted by lostaussie
    whoops, what i meant to say is yes they do, cause in the long run i think they know what they have.
    Thank you guys. Yes, we do know what we have, and we know the recent Jasper history of messing around until the playoffs. As bad as it now looks for Jasper, if Jasper wins out the rest of the regular season, they will enter the playoffs with the same regular season record they had last year. And, if they do, I wonder how many people will seriously pick against them?
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.

I don't know J_dog. I don't have the same confidence in this team as last years. We lost a lot of senior leadership and I think it is showing so far. I think once we find ourselves this year we have the potential to be really good.

wos fan1

Jasper by 14. How is the Senior leadership this year on Jasper? Maybe that's what hurting them?

WOS92

Jasper 42
    BC 31

pantherpop

Jasper has not played up to expectations so far this year and Bridge City has played better than expected but I see Jasper winning this game by more than 10 points. Bridge City will get alot of respect if they come out with a win in this one but I believe its time for Jasper to wake up and get ready for district. Its a shame that the hurricane might have alot to do with this game as well as a few others.

All-American

I think it's close enough that turnovers may decide this game. BC is molding a good team of assorted athletes and will beat Jasper handily if they end up meeting in the playoffs.
    Under Johnny Dishon at QB and the year before BC beat Jasper by high scores in 9th grade football. Each year BC has had few Seniors still playing football. This year is different in that they have pulled all 23 Seniors back into training for football and should be more than ready for playoff football when the time comes.

Letterman

The news said that if evacuations are to be called, they will start Thursday morning. Should this occur, there will be no football games anywhere in Southeast or East Texas, as East Texas schools will be forced to close, allowing evacuation traffic flow easier. Any Evacuation Host county is required by law to close down their schools until the evacuation has stopped. It's going to be very interesting to see..

Forecast in Bridge City:
    Friday...Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s.

Friday Night...Showers and thunderstorms. Strong winds. Not as warm. Lows in the lower 70s. Highs around 80.

Saturday...Showers and thunderstorms. Strong winds. Not as warm. Lows in the lower 70s. Highs around 80.

Saturday Night...Showers and thunderstorms likely. Very windy. Lows in the lower 70s. Chance of showers and thunderstorms 60 percent.

Forecast in Jasper:
    Friday...Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s.

Friday Night...Showers and thunderstorms. Very windy. Not as warm. Lows in the lower 70s. Highs around 80.

Saturday...Showers and thunderstorms. Very windy. Not as warm. Lows in the lower 70s. Highs around 80.

Saturday Night...Showers and thunderstorms likely. Windy. Lows in the lower 70s. Chance of showers and thunderstorms 60 percent.
    Last edited by bccards; 09-19-2005 at 10:39 PM.