Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Parents & their kid's cell phone bills

Are you afraid to open the cell phone bill? Have you seen the commercials of parents opening the cell phone bill? You probably could of made one of those commercials. My daughter claims she doesn't have time to check her minutes (just push *min# for cingular). Now I know why, she is on the phone!!!

What's the most minutes that your child has gone over?
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

My girlfriend was over by 200 last month. And yes I checked the numbers she was calling.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Default Re: Parents & their kid's cell phone bills

Originally posted by Bull's-eye
    Are you afraid to open the cell phone bill? Have you seen the commercials of parents opening the cell phone bill? You probably could of made one of those commercials. My daughter claims she doesn't have time to check her minutes (just push *min# for cingular). Now I know why, she is on the phone!!!

What's the most minutes that your child has gone over?
    I don't know. I'm scared to to open the bill!
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

I dont even know, lately i havent been usin my cell phone that much but i went over on text messages but that would be bc its football season lol.

~Not keeping her opinion to herself since Oct. 2002~

Default Re: Re: Parents & their kid's cell phone bills

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    I don't know. I'm scared to to open the bill!
    Don't open it until Sunday nite, you wouldn't want to spoil your weekend.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

MHSvarsity2007

Unhappy

on my cell bill, it's not the minutes that get me in trouble...it's the text messaging...i went over by 521 this month serious trouble there...

Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
    on my cell bill, it's not the minutes that get me in trouble...it's the text messaging...i went over by 521 this month serious trouble there...
    holy crap that is a serious bill on txt messages

wow...521 that is quite impressive....my parents just told me basically if i go over im paying, and if i dont i dont have a cell phone......but im not really phone person, i text a lot but not even close to going over every month....

How many did you send in total?

lepfan

We have the family plan with 2 phones...soon to be three. Cingular to Cingular is free (son's gf has Cing also!) I bought the package that gave us 850 min to share...I knew I didn't need them, but it did give us free long distance, free mobile to mobile, roll over minutes, etc. ... long story short is my son talks a total of around 1500 min a month (long distance relationship) I barely use mine...we now have about 8000 roll over minutes in our bank. I know exactly how much my bill is each month...$91 with a few cents.

MHSvarsity2007

Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
    How many did you send in total?
    like 621...but you gotta remember it was from like the beginning of august to like last week...it was still summer

bulldogbark

2206 min in one month over her 600 min limit, almost $200.00 (so says my wife, but I think its more) more than the 39.95 I would pay normaly. now that does also include text msg, and stuff. however this month I have upgraded her to a long string and 2 dixie cups......(GROUNDED) and thinking of a proper punishment (they dont allow the iron maiden anymore)

lepfan

Originally posted by bulldogbark
    2206 min in one month over her 600 min limit, almost $200.00 (so says my wife, but I think its more) more than the 39.95 I would pay normaly. now that does also include text msg, and stuff. however this month I have upgraded her to a long string and 2 dixie cups......(GROUNDED) and thinking of a proper punishment (they dont allow the iron maiden anymore)
    Drive down the main drag with her on Saturday night while yelling out of a megaphone "My daughter is grounded because she went way over her allowed minutes on her cell phone...causing unnecessary stress and a financial burden on her parents."

bulldogbark

I must be getting old but do Young-uns seem not to realize the value or un-value of the dollar..... I see so many kids driving around Jasper in new mustangs,,,, everything new....heck my junior year I was proud cause I had a used Gremlin

lepfan

In 1980 I had a 1972 Ford LTD, 4 door at that. And was happy to have it. To many kids expect to much. I remember when my son was in HS ... that parking lot was full of vehicles worth anywhere from $25-35K. Sad thing is so many of the parents are one paycheck away from being without anything. I was shocked to find out that several had credit card bills well over $20K....