AggieJohn

Default Police Officer Shaq

Shaq assists police in arrest of man accused of assaulting gay couple

September 13, 2005
    MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Shaquille O'Neal provided an assist to police over the weekend, trailing a man who allegedly assaulted a gay couple before alerting an arresting officer.

The 7-foot-1 Miami Heat center, who is in the process of becoming a Miami Beach reserve officer, was driving on South Beach around 3 a.m. Sunday. He saw a passenger in a car yell anti-gay slurs at the couple, who were walking, said Bobby Hernandez, a spokesman for the Miami Beach Police Department.

The man then got out of the car and threw a bottle, hitting one of the pedestrians, who was not seriously hurt. The man got back in the car, which sped off. O'Neal followed, flagging down an officer who made an arrest, Hernandez said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Gonzalez, 18, was arrested on charges of aggravated assault and assault with a deadly weapon. The driver of the car was not charged.

O'Neal, who hopes to be a police chief or county sheriff one day, was already being fitted for his Miami Beach police uniform before he helped the police out.

``For this incident I don't want to be credited as an individual who does police work,'' O'Neal said in a statement. ``I want to be credited as a Miami Beach police officer.''

i saw that on the news thats hilarious

Most people would look up to officer Shaq.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

in middle school we had a teacher that had been a police officer in house that was like 7'2 needless to say NOBODY screwed around in his class!

~Not keeping her opinion to herself since Oct. 2002~

lepfan

I have a vision of a criminal just seeing Shaq -- and stopping in his/her tracks while peeing/pooping in their pants on the spot. Sorry, that is what came to mind when I read the post.

AggieJohn

remember kazaam?

MARLINDOGS

I would hate to have to run from him.