Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    All-District

Cuero - Yoakum is a good one because both teams stand an equal chance of winning. In any 10 year period it will be 5-5 or 6-4. Never lopsided.
    That is why Sinton Taft could never be considered a rivalry. Sinton always wins.

I don't know about Snyder-Sweetwater but I have a friend from Sweetwater and his disdain for Snyder and Abilene Wylie is way greater than anything we have around here. Yoakum and Gonzales included.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

shellman54

Barbers Hill vs Hamshire Fannett - used to be a big game every year in the 80's and 90's. wish they still played.

Barbers Hill vs Huffman - always was the game I looked forward to every year

Barbers Hill vs Liberty - enough said.

Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
    no intent of stepping on anyones toes... just sayin...
    oh, I know...

but you know how some people are ... i'm just sayin

LE FAN

Originally posted by 3afan
    this is sure to be a homer thread!
    Not to put a homer team down I will go with

Gilmer--Tatum
    Snyder--Sweetwater
    Atlanta--Daingerfield
    Ceuro--And lots of teams...LOL

Going back may years early 90's i think when Southlake was 3A

SLC--Vernon

All-American

Originally posted by Old Green
    Gonzales- Cuero. Very heated Rivalry.

and always will be...

gobblerfan02

Originally posted by LE FAN
    Not to put a homer team down I will go with

Gilmer--Tatum
    Snyder--Sweetwater
    Atlanta--Daingerfield
    Ceuro--And lots of teams...LOL

Going back may years early 90's i think when Southlake was 3A

SLC--Vernon
    Ya, still remember when SLC beat us in '93....we shoulda won that game, but 14-6 in a state final wasn't too bad!

Still shoulda won though!

SnyTigBaseB07

haha of course all the snyder folks are gonna say Sweetwater, heck i remember back in the eigth grade, our coaches said that if anyone wore red on the day of our Sweetwater games that we'd run 20 laps around the field. And yes they were a few of us that were like nah, bullcrap so they wore red....guess what happened.....they ran!!!

SNYDER~~SWEETWATER '05.............has the potential to be the game of the year for both teams.

LE FAN

Originally posted by gobblerfan02
    Ya, still remember when SLC beat us in '93....we shoulda won that game, but 14-6 in a state final wasn't too bad!

Still shoulda won though!
    Yes I remember that game,one of the classics.. Ceuro i think outplayed SLC that night but man it has to be one of the coldest championships not sure exactly what the temp was. Those kids like to froze to death.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

I don't know if it's the best rivalry in the state, but Wimberley vs Liberty Hill is pretty big...at least on here. Need proof? Search for posts by my "friend" Dagwood. Generally, the only time the Wimberley folks come out of the woodwork, is just before our game.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Austin County Rival. Bellville Brahmas vs the Sealy Tigers

Ya this will be another homer post...

but...... IMO

Cuero vs. Gregory Portland .. My parents say it was heated even back when they were in high school in their olden days .

Cuero vs. Gonzales of course.. 98 pranksters put dead turkeys eveyrwhere.

Cuero vs. Yoakum in 93 they burned a Y in our field.

Cuero vs. Columbia ehhh maybe to come idk about that one. That all depends on how many times cuero goes DI. That would be the only way to face columbia if I am correct.

I know that Calallen used to not like gettin beat by us. We played them for many years in the 90's , but idont know if you could call that a rivarly.

Would that also mean Sealy was a rivalry? :P... those great battles with them in the 90's.
    Never take a blind date to a silent film

Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
    Ya this will be another homer post...

but...... IMO

Cuero vs. Gregory Portland .. My parents say it was heated even back when they were in high school in their olden days .

Hey Hey - I resemble that remark

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

haha all in good fun 44 ... I joke with my parents all the time about the good ol' 70's
    Never take a blind date to a silent film

justlikesports

Monahans/Fort Stockton is definitely a good one, but now the Monahans/Greenwood game is turning into one heck of a rivalry.

Sinton vs Mathis has been a good rivalry, but has dwindled in recent years with the talent pool in Mathis getting so watered down. MP haven't got a win since 2000, and with an exception for 2003, all the games since have been horrid blowouts. Hopefully we'll get a better game this year.

Mathis's ugliest rivalry has been with Orange Grove. Heard some pretty nasty stories from my dad and uncles about the stuff that went on in the late 70s and 80s.