Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    *** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by mustang04
    yeah..... the "all hell's breakin lose bowl"
    Seriously?

Originally posted by Over-rated2004
    Seriously?
    no not seriously....i dont think its called anything....THATS IT!!!! im gonna start a thread for a competition of naming the annual game between s'water and snyder!!!

Official 'Ham' of F.A.N.T.O.M.

*** Ejected Player ***

good idea

oldcrow

Old Crow vs Vodka

there is no competition..sweetwater vs. snyder is by far the best rival in 3A...no one comes close

The Hill

If this game gets scheduled again i think it could lead to a rivalry..... BH vs. Columbia....... Hurricane messed it up this year and it was supposed to be good.... so ... thats just in my own opinion.

footsball

after reading the 3adl i'd have to say barbers hill and wos

Originally posted by sweetwater07
    there is no competition..sweetwater vs. snyder is by far the best rival in 3A...no one comes close
    Texas is a big state.. being a little closed minded to think "no one comes close"

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

mrescape43

Originally posted by mustang04
    well..if ur gonn go below the belt, then im gonna bring up a topic called "Some team has beaten sweetwater like 26 times...while sweetwater has beat them like 60, and that team is snyder "

pretty sweet topic huh

If you go back to the last 30 years, I would guess that it is pretty even in this rivalry.

Manck

White Oak vs. Spring Hill
    Gilmer vs. Gladewater
    Daingerfield vs. Pittsburg

A kid actually got killed during Gladewater weekend when I was in junior high. I can't remember if the two events had anything to do with each other, but it definitely makes the memories more intense.

S-WtrMustangFan

Originally posted by Black_Magic
    Snyder vs Sweetwater. Heck in Snyder people are given a hard time if they wear red...
    Heck people in Sweetwater are given a hard time if they go to Snyder unless its to a football game.

*** Ejected Player ***

As far as I know SNyder & Sweetwater started playing in 1927 it was in Snyder. Here is what I found interesting Sweetwater brought over 1000 fans by train and then walked over a mile to the field. Can you imagine 1000 people walking through town. In the pictue most are in there Sunday clothes. Just thought that was a great story. Snyder won 8-7 or something like that it was a very close game.

Originally posted by oh well
    As far as I know SNyder & Sweetwater started playing in 1927 it was in Snyder. Here is what I found interesting Sweetwater brought over 1000 fans by train and then walked over a mile to the field. Can you imagine 1000 people walking through town. In the pictue most are in there Sunday clothes. Just thought that was a great story. Snyder won 8-7 or something like that it was a very close game.
    Where is this picture? I would love to see it! I have never heard this story before.

*** Ejected Player ***

I found it in a old newspaper article. They might have played earlier then that. That was as far back as I could trace it. I thought it was great that over 1000 people made the trip knowing they were going to have to walk. It was probally a picnic type atmosphere huh. During the late 20's early 30's they usually played 2 times probally because of travel.

Originally posted by oh well
    I found it in a old newspaper article. They might have played earlier then that. That was as far back as I could trace it. I thought it was great that over 1000 people made the trip knowing they were going to have to walk. It was probally a picnic type atmosphere huh. During the late 20's early 30's they usually played 2 times probally because of travel.
    That is pretty cool! I'd love to read the article and see the picture sometime. If you ever run across it again, will you let me know how and where I can see it?