All-State

Default Before the season gets underway

I just want to remind all readers, posters, players, moms and dads that, while important, football is just a game. In the scheme of life, it is a big part, but other things like health and safety and school are far more important. Players: hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Parents: make sure your players hydrate, hydrate, etc. Constantly. Drive carefully to and from practices, games, wearing your seatbelts. And pray for no serious injuries for these fine young men who, contrary to their own belief, are NOT 10 foot tall and bullet-proof. Seniors, use your mature judgement, PLEASE. Focus on school--that's why you are called STUDENT-athletes. Be a shining example to younger players on how to do it right and well. You represent your communities--make them proud! Play hard, win graciously, lose graciously. This season will hold precious memories for so many--good luck to all. I will be here only occasionally, but I will be in the stands in spirit. The Brahmas may be young, but don't count them out--GO BULLS!!

Passages-Malibu recovering from a HS football addiction

Those are all good points and all but, I'm more interested in putting my favorite HS football players on a pedestal and treating them like royalty. Who cares about school, it's football season dangit. Let the Hoops kids worry about grades
    F.A.N.T.O.M. El Presidente
    AKA "El Guapo"
    The greatest dirt waterer to ever live!
    Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Thanks for that one 44!

Default Re: Before the season gets underway

Originally posted by BrahmaMom
    I just want to remind all readers, posters, players, moms and dads that, while important, football is just a game. In the scheme of life, it is a big part, but other things like health and safety and school are far more important. Players: hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Parents: make sure your players hydrate, hydrate, etc. Constantly. Drive carefully to and from practices, games, wearing your seatbelts. And pray for no serious injuries for these fine young men who, contrary to their own belief, are NOT 10 foot tall and bullet-proof. Seniors, use your mature judgement, PLEASE. Focus on school--that's why you are called STUDENT-athletes. Be a shining example to younger players on how to do it right and well. You represent your communities--make them proud! Play hard, win graciously, lose graciously. This season will hold precious memories for so many--good luck to all. I will be here only occasionally, but I will be in the stands in spirit. The Brahmas may be young, but don't count them out--GO BULLS!!
    That is so true BrahmaMom.
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

Well said, BrahmaMom. Looking forward to hopefully meeting this season.

Go Raiders!!!

All-State

I plan on trying to make it, CheerMom. Football season has started; my freshman had an intrasquad scrimmage Saturday! Got my blood going and itching to ring my cowbell!!

SilsbeeD

Cheermom, Can you introduce me to your daughter

AggieJohn

good job