Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day -3-

Unhappy Day -3-

with no air conditioner! I don't see how people back in the "old days" did it!

We replaced the thermostat yesterday thinking that may be the problem.....NOTHING!!

I slept outside with the dogs and 182 brown beetle bugs til about 2:00 am, then skeedadled back into the house.

Ouch.. sure hope it gets fixed today I am with you, I do not know how they did it back "in the olden days"

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Originally posted by 44INAROW
    Ouch.. sure hope it gets fixed today I am with you, I do not know how they did it back "in the olden days"
    RM, run down to Wal Mart and buy you one of those $75.00 dollar window units.

I bought one last year when our central unit went out.

It's great for cooling one room and sets up in about 15 minutes and plugs into 110. it works great in a pinch.
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

AggieJohn

i ditto that advice

Originally posted by Old Green
    RM, run down to Wal Mart and buy you one of those $75.00 dollar window units.

I bought one last year when our central unit went out.

It's great for cooling one room and sets up in about 15 minutes and plugs into 110. it works great in a pinch.
    Actually one of my sons has one in his room. We enclosed the garage but haven't got anything vented in to it yet.

And I know this is gonna sound pathetic, but I haven't taken the A/C out of his room because a rabbit lives in there and I don't want him to get too hot!

Hubby just called, he FINALLY found someone that would be able to come out today and take a look at it. (That's been our problem, anyone we have talked to said they wouldn't be able to come out til next week sometime)!

AggieJohn

you need to tell that guy that you will publicize his name and number and do the best to advertise him since he will come out now...pay him some respect

Originally posted by AggieJohn
    you need to tell that guy that you will publicize his name and number and do the best to advertise him since he will come out now...pay him some respect
    Well, the only reason he's doing it is, his son and my son ride bulls together. It's almost as if he is doing it as a favor for Chad's "mom and dad"....but hey, whatever it takes!!

spiveyrat

Originally posted by AggieJohn
    Only IF he gets it back on today!

AggieJohn

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Well, the only reason he's doing it is, his son and my son ride bulls together. It's almost as if he is doing it as a favor for Chad's "mom and dad"....but hey, whatever it takes!!
    i'll scratch your back, you scratch mine

Passages-Malibu recovering from a HS football addiction

Create your own "Swamp Cooler" get a cooler full of ice and set a fan up blowing across the cooler. This works best if you position yourself on the opposite side of the cooler from the fan. I know, it's pretty Red Neck but hey even a little cool feels good when the A/C is on the blink.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. El Presidente
    AKA "El Guapo"
    The greatest dirt waterer to ever live!
    Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Thanks for that one 44!

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Actually one of my sons has one in his room. We enclosed the garage but haven't got anything vented in to it yet.

And I know this is gonna sound pathetic, but I haven't taken the A/C out of his room because a rabbit lives in there and I don't want him to get too hot!

Hubby just called, he FINALLY found someone that would be able to come out today and take a look at it. (That's been our problem, anyone we have talked to said they wouldn't be able to come out til next week sometime)!
    i know what you're talking about. AC repairmen are pretty busy these days. I was told the same thing two years ago.
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

BHKrystal06

My dad's family lives in Massachusetts and they don't have any air conditioners till the summer since it stays cold for most of the year...but when it starts getting hot, it gets REAL hot and they go buy window units..

All-American

Isn't it weird how A/C's always go out when it's hot?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................I wonder if we could get a government grant to do a study on that?

All-State

Only way we stood it in the old days, is because we didn't know any better.

Remember those hot afternoons in class when you would stick to you papers and pray for a little breeze?

All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

good luck to ya

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."