Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    wildkat0507

Default Next years 22-3a

what will be the outcome of this season??? Jasper, Kirbyville, silsbee,coldsprings, sheppard, buna..........

All-American

I think the top three teams will come from Jasper, Kirbyville, Silsbee, and Sheppard. How is that for sticking my neck out?
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.

shepherd and coldspring is always a battle. hard to imagine shepherd as a favorite over coldspring but that seems to the state of things right now.

AggieJohn

they might throw huffman to yall

wildkat0507

you mean after this next year??!how would they compare to jasper, silsbee and , kville

15portsfan

Default Returning starters

I dont know about the others in this district but Shepherd is going to have to fill a bunch of holes in a good ball club that narrowly missed the playoffs.Shepherd loses the core of an exceptional defenses that is responsible for at least 4 of the wins for Shepherd this past year (Woodville,Cleveland,Buna and Coldspring),all these games were won by defensive stands that determined the outcome of the game.Shepherd loses both DE,2 DT,Middle LB,both CB in a 4-3 def that allowed 13 points a game and was very stingy against the run.Shepherd also loses a core of offensive starters,3 WR,C,OT,and an Hon.Men.All-State RB.These are loses to an offense that was argueably the main reason the Pirates didnt make the playoffs this year.Shepherd had 2 offensive outburst against Kountz and Splendora but were otherwise incapable of scoring with half the seasons offensive scoring coming in these 2 games. I wish the Pirates well next year and hope this years success rolls over to next year but it is hard to imagine the defense being better than last years and the offense showed no signs of improvement through this year,good luck to all.

Letterman

Silsbee, Jasper, Kirbyville in that order will make the playoffs. Back to back district titles are in order for Silsbee who return 5 offensive and 6 defensive starters. Of those 11 starters, 9 made all district. 25 letterman return also, 10 of which are sophmores(6 starters). The Tiger JV team was district champs also, undefeated, that with there best players playing on the varsity this past season. Tigers to do well for a few years to come.

I, as a player, look for Jasper Silsbee game to be the game of the district...much like it was this year. I expect this year to be just as much of a 'barn burner' as it was last year. From my observations last year, the only thing that we couldnt really stop was #4 (the running back..i forget if he was #4 or not) but he is gone, so that might make things a wee bit easier for our defense. I look for it to be a good and fun game to play.

As for Kirbyville, short of yall getting your hands on our plays again, i look for it to be the same outcome as it was the year before last. Sorry. And for those you you wildcats who are so quick to forget that game but shout the 42-20 win from a mountain. I believe the score 2 seasons ago was Jasper 55 Kville 7. But the past is the past, and it makes no difference on this season.

I'm not sure how shepard will do. Lol...but i do have a funny story. When we were coming out of the dawg house for the second half. Shepard was right behind up going to their run-through sign. And for those of you who were there, you know it was rainy and wet. Well....there were puddle in between where the shepard team was and their sign was....so they had to run through the water.....and i looked over and saw #10 tip-toe through the water and say "I gotta stay pretty, baby" I thought it was pretty funny.
    Last edited by JHS_c/o_06'; 06-05-2005 at 01:48 PM.

I Praise God For Every Second He Gave Me To Wear The Name Jasper Across My Chest

Etexpirate

If we were talking Softball.. I would have to put my money on Shepherd...

All-American

Etexpirate: What was quite funny! I evidently have a wrong e-mail on you folks. Please forward it in a message form. I was at the big tournament at Beaumont the other day and as I was leaving I saw that the MC Gold had played at the field. Would have loved to have got to see you folks again.

As for football the long thread here is a little much the real ballgame in that District will be Kirbyville vs Silsbee. After the first 4 preseason games played by BC we will know a lot about that District--BC plays all three. I was a little surprised how the Wildcats ran all over the Bulldogs 42-20 last year. BC expects a great game out of Silsbee and Kirbyville this season they return so many good players. BC walked over Kirbyville last year and the Wildcats will have revenge on their minds this coming season--they will be tough to take with such a good returning squad.

All-American

Originally posted by wildkat0507
    you mean after this next year??!how would they compare to jasper, silsbee and , kville
    Huffman did beat WOS in bi-district last year so they are certainly more than just chopped liver. Hope that does not offend any liver lovers!

But, there are several 3a teams closer by than Huffman to the district so I would be very surprised to see Huffman added to District 22-3a.

Originally posted by Old Cardinal

As for football the long thread here is a little much the real ballgame in that District will be Kirbyville vs Silsbee. After the first 4 preseason games played by BC we will know a lot about that District--BC plays all three. I was a little surprised how the Wildcats ran all over the Bulldogs 42-20 last year. BC expects a great game out of Silsbee and Kirbyville this season they return so many good players. BC walked over Kirbyville last year and the Wildcats will have revenge on their minds this coming season--they will be tough to take with such a good returning squad.
    Old Card....i have a question for you.....and ive been trying to ask you for a year but you've kind of beat around the bush and avoided it. You say that K'ville and Silsbee will be the big game. You back this up with the fact that Jasper lost 42-20 to K'ville. OK...fair enough. But how do you justify that. When BC stomped K'ville, Jasper Stopmed BC, and Kirbyville whipped us. Silsbee pretty much made a mockery of K'ville, but Jasper played them with a one point overtime game. Your always very quick to bring up our 42-20 loss, but seem to over look all the other evidence ive presented you with time after time. Please explain.

I Praise God For Every Second He Gave Me To Wear The Name Jasper Across My Chest

All-American

06, you can't confuse OC with the facts. he is just trying to push our buttons. as for his responding to your question, i doubt that he will. he knows the real facts on those games.

personally, i have decided it is best to just let him live in his dream world.

All-American

I was just pushing your button as usual. You had run out of material to write on and needed someone you could go into attack mode I do however think that the Silsbee vs Kirbyville game is big because they should field some seasoned kids this next season.

By the way JHS 06', I want to compliment you on your ability to express yourself very well for a 17 year old. I would just bet that you are a serious student at Jasper High School.
    Last edited by Old Cardinal; 06-05-2005 at 10:21 PM.

Etexpirate

Hey OC...we weren't at Beaumont...we were at the Round Robin in Spring Klein.. You must have seen the 16 U team that has our old uniforms.. I looked for you guys there...but think the Blast red team was there as I didn't see any of you guys..
    My email is sheridan@eastex.net...
    Send me a note.. You can push my buttons all you want!