Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    *** Ejected Player ***

Default Possible Roger Clemens Trade?

I read on my break at work tonight in the DMN that Rocket has a potential trade in the future. It's actually 2 articles by the leading sports columnists w/ one saying why and one saying why not. I tend to side with the one that said why not simply because a Rangers trade for him would screw up, IMO, a DANG good farm system that has just now gotten to the point where it's one of the best around. Plus, how many more years does Clemens have left? Also, the writer who said that the Rangers should go after him listed all of the POTENTIAL great things the Clemens could bring. Personally, I don't feel he's worth the price tag or the talent. I say, let Steignbrener flaunt a little more of his money and keep our farm system. I was just wondering what everybody else's thoughts are, Ranger and Astro fans alike.

im sick of hearing about trades w/ clemens...he came back to play in houston and the GM for the Astros said he isnt gonna trade him unless if Clemens asks to be traded....The Astros' GM knows that with the crap that the Astros r laying right now when they play baseball he will loose tons of money in fan attendence if he trades the rocket...Also do u really think the Astros will trade Clemens to the Rangers after they did the same thing with Nolan Ryan???? its not gonna happen...Clemens said if he gets traded it will ONLY be to the Yankees earlier in the season, and he said that would be later in the season if the Astros wanted to deal him...The media just want to have something to talk about so they keep beating this issue to death....

AggieJohn

i hear that their is clause in his contract that allows him to be traded if the stros look like they are out of contention....

Originally posted by AggieJohn
    i hear that their is clause in his contract that allows him to be traded if the stros look like they are out of contention....
    he has a no trade clause....and he said that he would only be traded if the astros were out of contention....so he has to approve and it has to be to the right team and for him he said the yankees, but why would he go there right now...they rnt doing much better than us...

AggieJohn

i heard the rangers possibly

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

houston didn't trade nolan ryan, they said he wasn't worth 1 million dollars so he left via free agency.

Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
    houston didn't trade nolan ryan, they said he wasn't worth 1 million dollars so he left via free agency.
    ok sry....it'd be the same concept getting rid of a hometown superstar to the rangers....

Originally posted by sahen
    ok sry....it'd be the same concept getting rid of a hometown superstar to the rangers....
    it's not the same concept, if they trade, or get rid of in your words, clements, they will get some pretty good players in return. they didn't get rid of ryan. he left on his own free will. people just need to quit getting so emotional over professional athletes. if a trade to texas, new york or anywhere else helps the astros, then they need to do it. i for one hope texas doesn't trade for him.

it's not the same concept, if they trade, or get rid of in your words, clements, they will get some pretty good players in return. they didn't get rid of ryan. he left on his own free will. people just need to quit getting so emotional over professional athletes. if a trade to texas, new york or anywhere else helps the astros, then they need to do it. i for one hope texas doesn't trade for him.
    if they wouldve paid ryan the 1 million then he wouldve stayed so yes they did get rid of him....they let him go because they didnt want to pay him the money....they rnt gonna trade clemens unless if clemens not clements says he wants to go....did u see the astros game today? sold out again when clemens pitched...McClane is not stupid, he isnt gonna trade his fan producing super star when they cant win a game....he would kill the fan base...Clemens has to come out and say he wants to be traded then it would be done because McClane would have a reason to trade him then....

so he holds on to clements and clements starts another 12-15 games this year, and the team stays in the cellar. then clements retires at the end of the year. how does that help the astros in the long run?? they either keep him, make a few million at the gate this year and don't get any help for the future, or they trade him, take the financial loss this year and get 3 to 4 good prospects for the future that can help the team win. the decission really comes down to a couple of questions, are you a clements or astros fan?? do you wanna get prospects for the future or do you wanna be on the losing end for a few more years??

i pull for clemens and the astros.....clement plays for the red soxes he used to play for the cubs and looks like abraham lincoln, i dont pull for him....clemens said to the houston chronicle he doesnt want to go to AL East anymore (yankees or red soxes) and he will only be traded if McClane wants to trade him now...so basically both sides r saying that he wont be traded unless if the other side wants it...i think neither wants to trade him honestly and he will stay an astro....

i would rather him stay there than to go to the rangers. hopefully we will both get what we want

the only way he becomes a ranger in my opinion is if the rangers offer up some serious talent for him.....which might not be worht it, however if they r in a pennant race u never know...

i hope the rangers don't do it, they are finally getting a good farm system. i don't want them to give up alot of good prospects for anyone that is close to retirement.

AggieJohn

so he holds on to clements and clements starts another 12-15 games this year, and the team stays in the cellar. then clements retires at the end of the year. how does that help the astros in the long run?? they either keep him, make a few million at the gate this year and don't get any help for the future, or they trade him, take the financial loss this year and get 3 to 4 good prospects for the future that can help the team win. the decission really comes down to a couple of questions, are you a clements or astros fan?? do you wanna get prospects for the future or do you wanna be on the losing end for a few more years??
    clements? clements?..hmm,c'mon scott